Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long between inspection and PTO? [various areas]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a call with a Project Advisor (not my normal one, he was "out today") and was told that down payment is due after inspector signs off on install, but full payment not due until ~60-75 days after PTO is given. So that was good news! Just stinks that it has now been 3 weeks and they have not gotten back to me with the HOA documents I requested. On today's call, which I scheduled, I was told the HOA had rejected the address I gave them which was my own as they need a separate address for the HOA. The HOA Property management told me to use my address, but I reached out and they said to use their address then. Wonder how long its been sitting there waiting for someone to give me that feedback from the HOA team.
You just need to hound Tesla and call them or live chat them weekly. They took 9 months to get my PTO. They told me i passed my town inspection when in fact it wasn’t even done and completed until 5 months later. They lied to me to and told me I had PTO. I knew it was a lie and a week later I got a email from my utility saying they are closing my case. In the end I got PTO and ran for nearly 7 months for free as I never saw the email from the utility.

You just need to hound Tesla and call them or live chat them weekly. They took 9 months to get my PTO. They told me i passed my town inspection when in fact it wasn’t even done and completed until 5 months later. They lied to me to and told me I had PTO. I knew it was a lie and a week later I got a email from my utility saying they are closing my case. In the end I got PTO and ran for nearly 7 months for free as I never saw the email from the utility.
So technically the time between install and PTO could be ideal since it’s pre-loan payment but self consumption mode with a large enough solar and battery system can run independently fairly long.

Reactions: Matt-FL