Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long did it take for your referral/referrer bonus miles to appear?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the first one upon purchase shows up pretty fast in the app (loot box).

But wondering how long it takes for other referrals after that. Where a sales advisor inputs your code for someone else purchasing (for example). Do the miles show up instantly? Or after they take delivery? Are there any alerts?

So strange there’s no email alert or app notification in place that just says “Thanks for referring your friend, John Smith!” immediately upon the sales advisor or your friend entering your code.
Or perhaps I’m missing something...

Got my first "Ordered" show up in the app (loot box). Was an order from 4/25... hasn't taken delivery yet but I'm assuming that's when I'll see some bonus miles show up.

Kinda crazy it took around 2-weeks just to show up in the "Order" section, but better late than never. I'm just always going to allot for 2-weeks to get into Order section then another 2-3 weeks to get to the Delivery section before any bonus miles show up.

Some seem to be more fortunate than others in terms of how quick you get your bonus miles!

How about original SC credits. I ordered my 3 on the 4/25 and I seem to remember it saying I had 1000 miles credit. Then 2 days later the 5000 miles offer was announced. My info disappeared for a couple of days and I even emailed my Delivery Adviser asking. She thought I would get it. This is what I see now when I click on the chest. Does this mean I have 5000 or how do I tell?

IMG_0395.jpg

I used a supercharger for the first time today. I added 162.5 “rated miles” and saw my bonus miles get reduced from 10,000 to 9,902. I’m not sure how they measure bonus miles but it seems pretty off compared to rated miles. No complaints...just curious.

How about original SC credits. I ordered my 3 on the 4/25 and I seem to remember it saying I had 1000 miles credit. Then 2 days later the 5000 miles offer was announced. My info disappeared for a couple of days and I even emailed my Delivery Adviser asking. She thought I would get it. This is what I see now when I click on the chest. Does this mean I have 5000 or how do I tell?

View attachment 404553

Hmm it seems like you don’t have any miles.... here’s what it would look like if you did (attached) at the very top it says how many miles remaining.

Attachments

• A7B73755-55DC-4A90-97DB-A3EC1069C0F3.png
    A7B73755-55DC-4A90-97DB-A3EC1069C0F3.png
    281.5 KB · Views: 160
I used a supercharger for the first time today. I added 162.5 “rated miles” and saw my bonus miles get reduced from 10,000 to 9,902. I’m not sure how they measure bonus miles but it seems pretty off compared to rated miles. No complaints...just curious.
You probably live in a state that doesn't allow direct kW resale. So Supercharging is charged by time instead. So Telsa just makes an estimate of the amount (kWh) of energy you received based on the time of use.

Hmm it seems like you don’t have any miles.... here’s what it would look like if you did (attached) at the very top it says how many miles remaining.
Guess you have to use it first. I plugged into one "just to play" and to see if I would be charged (many and car :D ) for a couple of minutes Saturday. No money charge and it now has my miles remaining. Missed 5000 by a couple days.:eek:o_O
IMG_0547.jpg

View attachment 404553
Yeah mine looks like yours. My friend did a phone order but he did use my code. After delivery 2 weeks ago he got his bonus same day but mine today still looks like yours without any mileage in it. But on the delivered section it shows my friend name.

So you think if I went to a supercharger and just plug in it'll show up? Is that what happened with you?

I noticed this too. Seemed like the 5k free "miles" I was using were going much farther than they were supposed to. I did the math based on how many kWh I supercharged for and how many free miles it deducted, and it works out to a consumption of 400Wh/mi, which is extremely generous. It's possible this is a fairly accurate consumption for some models (I'm thinking Model X), so they just called it worst case, and everyone else gets a little more. Either way, I'm not complaining. For me the 5k free miles will end up being something like 6-7k free miles.

I've read that the free miles have a 6 month expiration. Is that true? This would really suck since I doubt I'll drive 5k miles in 6 months, and a friend just bought another Tesla, so I have another 1k that will expire about a week later, which will be 90% useless as well. Is there a way to track expiration?

I've read that the free miles have a 6 month expiration. Is that true? This would really suck since I doubt I'll drive 5k miles in 6 months, and a friend just bought another Tesla, so I have another 1k that will expire about a week later, which will be 90% useless as well. Is there a way to track expiration?

Yes you get 6 months to use it, it's in the fine print. If you refer another person, you'll have an additional 6 months to use all of it. It will keep extending if you add more referrals.

• Informative
Reactions: Neon001
Ohh, so you're saying I have 12 months to use 6k miles? If so, that's fantastic.

That is generally the understanding. I’m wondering if Tesla really has a way to keep track of the expiration date though since they don’t display a date anywhere that we can see. I wouldn’t be surprised if they just forgot to program the bonus miles to expire. I guess we’ll find out in about six months or so.

• Funny
Reactions: Jedi2155