Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does it take for the PW to show up in the app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Our PW was installed yesterday and the Tech that installed it mentioned that it should show up in our Tesla App by the end of the day. He recommended that we call Customer Support if it does not show up by today. When we called CS today, they mentioned that it will not be available in the App until local inspection is completed and PG&E approves it with an expected time of ~6 weeks. For other people that have gone through this process, how long after installation did the PW show up in your Tesla App?

Thanks.

Nattu.

Hi all,

Our PW was installed yesterday and the Tech that installed it mentioned that it should show up in our Tesla App by the end of the day. He recommended that we call Customer Support if it does not show up by today. When we called CS today, they mentioned that it will not be available in the App until local inspection is completed and PG&E approves it with an expected time of ~6 weeks. For other people that have gone through this process, how long after installation did the PW show up in your Tesla App?

Thanks.

Nattu.
I think it depends on your configuration. My 2 PW system with solar already installed showed up in the app before Tesla left my premise (a few hours?). A neighbor took a number of days. They have 3 PWs and existing solar. They also had some PG&E extra meter but not certain how that played in the situation.

Note that some of the features won't show up for a few days such as Time Based Control. It needs time to build a history of your install.

On the PTO side: Originally Tesla submitted that within two weeks. It was wrong and they never answered PG&Es and my emails to fix. After months of complaining by me they resubmitted it about 4 weeks ago. No response from PG&E at this time. Prior to COVID it was a 2-3 day turnaround.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Nattu.

Did you have existing solar, or was this part of a new solar installation?

I did have an existing Solar installation.

Nattu.

In my case (also with existing solar), The powerwalls showed in the app before the installer left for the day. I went through tesla, and the tesla installer configured the powerwalls (including verifying the energy flow showed correct in the app) before he left.

Based on the "it should be working by the end of the day" comment, I am taking a guess that your powerwall was installed by a certified tesla installer, instead of tesla direct? Most who went through tesla direct, AND were adding on powerwalls to existing solar, had it working almost immediately I thought.

New solar + Powerwall install
Non-Tesla

The installers and I waited about 10 minutes for it to show up before I tried logging out of the app and re-logging in (I actually deleted then re-installed the app after logging out, but my guess is the logout is what mattered). The Powerwalls then showed in the app upon load. This was just about an hour ago!

The installation was done by Tesla installers as they showed up in Tesla Energy trucks. It was ordered through Tesla as well. The main installer did say that it should show up immediately after logging out and logging back in but when it didn’t he said to wait until the end of the day and call CS if it is not there in the morning. I will call CS and ask about it again. Thanks.

Nattu.

We had a third party install ours, and I went to the Tesla site and chose the manual addition option. I entered the info from my Tesla gateway and the PW showed in my app 10 minutes later (pre-inspection).

Hi all,

Thanks.

Nattu.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin