Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long is one supposed to wait?!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone-

I ordered my Y back in September 2021. Currently my delivery date has consistently been pushed, but landed on a July-ish timeframe. It remained there for quite some time, but now it says October! Is anyone else having to wait over a year for this car? I find it quite amazing that people wait that long. Is there any advise or insight on this?

Thanks!!!

Things are pretty volatile right now in terms of EDDs because of people adding FSD to try to bump up their dates or changing their configuration because you can do that now without being updated to current pricing. I would expect/hope it moved back up when things settle down.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone-

I ordered my Y back in September 2021. Currently my delivery date has consistently been pushed, but landed on a July-ish timeframe. It remained there for quite some time, but now it says October! Is anyone else having to wait over a year for this car? I find it quite amazing that people wait that long. Is there any advise or insight on this?

Thanks!!!
Seems like 95% of production priority each week is given to the highest priced variants first with only 5% of production allocated to vehicles with longest order date.

Reactions: KJD and Zebelkhan
Upvote 0
Hey everyone-

Thanks!!!
if you have a working car, then you have time to wait. I wanted to replace my outback before it turned 10, so I had a 1-2 year horizon. In my case, it goes to family, but if one wanted to sell the current model, there is some incentive to get it done now, as the absurd pricing for used cars can't last indefinitely. In that situation, it may pay off from a dollar standpoint to pay the premium for the P model.

The Y is the most oversold model for Tesla (or maybe the X which wasn't being built). For the other brands, most are sold out for 2022 as they are just starting to produce at small scale, as demand continues to surge. Rivian and F150 folks may be looking at 2024 as best case.

Reactions: Horty4
Upvote 0
Hey everyone-

Thanks!!!
Wow, that really sucks! I also placed my order in September and just got my VIN. The only time I had that much of a shift in delivery date was when my loan app expired and I lagged on resubmitting it, which changed the status of my profile to "incomplete" and put me at the end of the list. Have you tried calling and talking to a SA to get any insight?

Upvote 0
I had a August 2022 EDD, and I was bumped up to mid March after adding FSD, it took about 2 weeks. Eventually I got pushed back a little like everyone else but now I have a VIN and a 5 day EDD for the last few days of March.

Edit: My OD was 1/4/22

You are part of the west coast End Of Quarter push. If you don't get a delivery at the end of March you might be pushed three months out.

Upvote 0
Tesla corrected the software ordering error that allowed FSD to get moved up. That technique no longer works (according to Tesla)
No, that’s not correct. FSD still moves the order up. What they removed was the loophole that allows you to cancel FSD after you get moved up and get your VIN and still keep that early delivery. You can till cancel it, but it boots you all the way back to the end of the line.

Upvote 0