TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

How many are Ordering Model S 60 by April 16

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mrtian97, Mar 23, 2017.

1. mrtian97

mrtian97 Member

Just curious since I am also in the fence,
    how many are ordering Model S 60 before being discontinued on April 16? Does Tesla offer any discount?

Thanks

2. alapd

alapd Member

I doubt they will offer any discount on the 60 as people who are on the bubble budget wise will purchase before then and the lowest S becomes out of range $ wise. I think it will even help the CPO market.

I rushed to buy mine before free super charging ended, and was lucky to get an AP2 before the $2k price increase as well.

• Like x 2
  3. TE5LAZ24

TE5LAZ24 Member

Do it! :) No discounts. You are already getting the bigger battery. I have a feeling the Model 3 pricing - depending on options - is going to come close to the 60.

4. mrtian97

mrtian97 Member

I agree, just want to gauge if the others are rushing to place their order

5. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

That is the beauty of shopping for a car at Tesla vs any other dealership, none of that back and forth garbage where the salesman has to see his manager to get the best price. There is a discount on some inventory cars with higher mileage. I know you already have a referral discount, so there isn't anything else you can get.

6. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.28 c528869

There are currently over 50 Model S 60 inventory and CPO cars listed on Tesla's site and summarized here: https://teslaInventory.com . Many of them have discounted prices, with nine showing discounts from $8500 to $9200 off. Also, you can get the $1000 referral discount on inventory cars (but not CPOs).

7. mrtian97

mrtian97 Member

thanks, I am checking the inventory, for the ones that showing ~$8,000 off, when I compared it with custom build, the discount only ~$2,500. any suggestion why is the case? and these inventory is 2016 year, which technically should be lower priced with annual decline.

I think the $2,500 is the price before the price increase in Dec. I know that we get the lifetime supercharging with these, but these also include the AP and self drive options

Thanks

8. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

@mrtian97, the inventory discount rate for older cars should be about $1K/month + $1/mile discount. By the way, Tesla doesn't look at model years, so they won't think of it as a 2016 car vs a 2017 car. They just look at the merrits of the car. Not sure why you are seeing a difference..??

9. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.28 c528869

I haven't priced those out myself but have seen cases in the past where they mistakenly deduct the federal tax credit from the price (or add it back in). On some of the, you can see the price going up and down.
    Also, with Tesla, there's really no difference between a late 2016 and early 2017 model year so there's no "annual decline" of price. You have to go by the actual features. If the car is from 2016 and is brand new, it's going to cost the same as an early 2017 that is brand new with the same features.Tesla doesn't have yearly model changes.