Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you are renting your Model S on Turo?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I rent my 2014 Black Tesla Model S for $89 per day with a 20% discount for weekly rates. It gets rented out about 60% per month. I make about $1,200 per month renting it out. My 2016 Black Tesla Model X rents for $120 per day with a 20% discount for weekly rates. It gets rented out about 30% per month. I make about $800 per month renting it out. My 2016 Blue Tesla Model S P100DL rents out for $160 per day with a 20% discount for weekly rates. It gets rented out about 10% per month. I make about $500 per month renting it out.

My payments for all three are $4,100 per month, so this Turo income is only helping to make the payments...

Brent

I rented Brent's Model X as I wanted to test one out and was a great experience. Thanks again Brent!!

You have their address when they rent. You could have them served a subpoena for repair costs plus legal fees, diminished value fees, or similar? Or is it just not worth the trouble to go after individual renters for damages?

Turo is great for cars you don’t give a damn about, like a 10-year-old Civic you can get an extra hundred it two a month for. But not a chance in Hell I would rent my Tesla.
As a recovering lawyer, I avoid the legal system period and would not waste my time but agree with you. The Volt was leased and my touch up good to only equal $75 excess charge which I could not believe. Yes would never rent my Tesla!

Hi,
I've known about Turo for a while. Never used their service.

I just wanted to know how many of you are renting your Model S on Turo and if yes:

1) How's your experience.
2) How much does Turo charge as their fee plus insurance.

Just asking these questions for brainstorming/curiosity reasons.
Personally I am reluctant to rent my less than a yr old 100k car ATM but maybe in the future.

Thank you
I rented 4 Tesla’s on Turo. 1 model 3 and 3 model S. 2019 was the model 3 which my wife was not fond of the center screen, I then rented a 2012 model S 60. It had 63,000 miles and drove like a dream. In 2020 I rented the next model S it was a 2013 85 with 83,000 miles. It drove no different than the first one. In December of 2020 it was a 2014 p85 with 123,000 miles. It to drove like the other two even with more miles. I was throughly impressed with the cars and the hosts. Prices varies and I got the insurance to be safe. I purchased my P85D model S in January of 2021. Best purchase I ever made..