Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many reservations by Apr 1st?

How many reservations by Apr 1st?

Votes: 19 55.9%

Votes: 7 20.6%

Votes: 7 20.6%

Votes: 1 2.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Olle

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
Hearing from some of you fellow Tesla owners, and there are as you know over 100000 out there, that some will reserve at least one Model 3, and then everybody else who has been yearning for a Tesla but didn't want to spend the Roadster, Model S/X kind of money.

We are starting to realize that the number of reservations will be staggering, but how staggering? After store resevation + one full day of online April 1st. So April 2 12:00 AM.

Last edited:
For sure 50,000 by the end of the first. I don't think the 100,000-200,000 will hit until more details are out. Im absolutely a tesla fan-boy so I will have my 1k ready on the 31st but I know a LOT more people that wont put any money down without driving and seeing it in person. And I could also see the model 3 not looking as good as the S/X in which case I will just have to wait a couple more months and get a base 70D.

Where's the less than 10,000 option? With oil prices, bad press about the Model X, etc... I don't see that many people plunking down $1k to reserve a $35k car that's going to be built in a couple years. This is supposed to be more of a mass market car, and most people that buy mass market cars don't preorder with a deposit years in advance.

Now if there is some monumental announcement (Model 3 has AP 2.0, sub 4s 0-60 etc...) then I could see the reservations go up some. If it's not miles better than the soon(er) to be released Bolt, then I would guess most people would wait to see the actual cars before putting down a reservation.

BY April 1st? As in: 00:01AM?

Or after the website goes live?

Either way, from a logistics standpoint, I'm going with 50K.

Some will wait, knowing "speccing" their car out will help them move up in line.

And there may even be website capacity issues.

Either way, should be fun.

Hearing from some of you fellow Tesla owners, and there are as you know over 100000 out there, that some will reserve at least one Model 3, and then everybody else who has been yearning for a Tesla but didn't want to spend the Roadster, Model S/X kind of money.

We are starting to realize that the number of reservations will be staggering, but how staggering? After store resevation + one full day of online April 1st. So April 2 12:00 AM.
198000 now half day into April 1st. Interesting to see how people voted :)

O

We are starting to realize that the number of reservations will be staggering, but how staggering? After store resevation + one full day of online April 1st. So April 2 12:00 AM.[/QUOTE
I had voted 200,000. Obviously too low!!!