Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much to buy Autopilot on SR+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s what my SR had to pay for autopilot prior to delivery. $3000. Since you’re a SR+ after delivery, sounds about right. SR+ with standard AP at 39500 was a good deal. I almost bought when SR+ first came out at 37000-37500 without AP, until I took test drive and realized I wanted AP.
He and I are under weird situation where we bought the car when SR+ Didn't come with standard AP.
The pricing was $3000 pre and $4000 post delivery when we ordered.
Talax74 tries so hard....

Tesla eliminated the markup on the post-delivery AP price a few weeks ago so it’s now $3K pre or post delivery. It’s possible they may have a sale down the road if they need to raise cash but nobody knows when and how much. I don’t think it’s worth $3K personally.

I see on my Tesla account the cost to update the autopilot to be 3,000USD. (SR+ paid 37,500)
is this the standard price?
Is there any way to have a better offer?
There's a way.
Open a new credit card account that offers $625 travel money or $500 cash for spending $4000 in the first 3 months. $4000 also accrues reward points so total will be about $700 travel money.
$3000-$700= $2300 for AP.

Reactions: Talax74
He and I are under weird situation where we bought the car when SR+ Didn't come with standard AP.
The pricing was $3000 pre and $4000 post delivery when we ordered.
Talax74 tries so hard....

We Q1 SR+ purchasers should start a club or something :p

I remember monitoring the price almost every day. Immediately after purchase, it was $4,000; during the trial it was $3,500; exactly 24 hours after AP became standard, it was $2,500; and then it popped back to $3,000. I'm still waiting for some sort of sale... Maybe when the AP trials roll back out it will drop to $2,500 again.

I love autosteer but $3,000 for just that and TACC still seems steep.

Reactions: Talax74