Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much will Sentry/DashCam fill the drive to?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those folks who have upgraded beyond the free 128G teslacam drive - does the car make use of all available space and then start overwriting older clips? Or does it have some sort of maximum (like lets say an hour of dashcam footage) where it'll never fill the drive (unless you have a lot of events/saved things)?

I ask because I threw a 1TB drive in my car and drove with it for a few months - and pulling the drive today it only shows like 75GB in use. The drive definitely shows its full capacity and everything. So I really am curious what others are seeing here?

Or does it have some sort of maximum (like lets say an hour of dashcam footage) where it'll never fill the drive (unless you have a lot of events/saved things)?

This.

Reactions: amadeusneo
I'll tell you I have 2 Teslas (3/Y) and in my first one I bought a 2nd USB for music (kept in center console).

For my second, it doesn't have center console data so I just halved the partition on it for music and sentry. I've never filled it up. Maybe because I delete clips every month or so, but either way I've never had it full up