Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much you pay for your M3 insurance in BC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never heard of Stratford Underwriting. How are they?

I haven't used them personally. I was doing some research... it's a relatively new company, but the CEO of it was the CEO of Canadian Direct Insurance prior to its sale to Intact/Belairdirect. The actual insurance company backing the policy is Everest Insurance Company of Canada. I wasn't able to find any bad reviews about Stratford. They're partnered with some of the biggest insurance broker firms in BC: Sussex Insurance, HUB Insurance, Rand & Fowler, etc.

I have found in the past that Belairdirect rates are almost identical to its parent company Intact insurance, which is sold through other brokers: Westland Insurance, Johnston Meier Insurance & AC&D Insurance. However, with Intact, you don't need the app that monitors your driving to get the policy. The downside of Intact is the quote process is very archaic; the quote takes approx. 30 minutes to generate and the brokers really shy away from doing it.

My BCAA optional with 2M + $500 collison + $300 Comprehensive + replacement cost insurance came to $1650 for two drivers, no accidents and tickets and each with 13 years of driving history in LM.

Maybe its due to my gender/age? I'm a 30 year old male. I'm still probably higher risk in insurance company's eyes.

• Informative
Reactions: fidodido
I haven't used them personally. I was doing some research... it's a relatively new company, but the CEO of it was the CEO of Canadian Direct Insurance prior to its sale to Intact/Belairdirect. The actual insurance company backing the policy is Everest Insurance Company of Canada. I wasn't able to find any bad reviews about Stratford. They're partnered with some of the biggest insurance broker firms in BC: Sussex Insurance, HUB Insurance, Rand & Fowler, etc.

I have found in the past that Belairdirect rates are almost identical to its parent company Intact insurance, which is sold through other brokers: Westland Insurance, Johnston Meier Insurance & AC&D Insurance. However, with Intact, you don't need the app that monitors your driving to get the policy. The downside of Intact is the quote process is very archaic; the quote takes approx. 30 minutes to generate and the brokers really shy away from doing it.

Maybe its due to my gender/age? I'm a 30 year old male. I'm still probably higher risk in insurance company's eyes.

I'm 31 and my wife is 27, so maybe that's not the issue. Do you have BCAA membership? You'll get a good discount with the membership.

Thanks for the additional information. I will check it this week as I'll need to renew it next week.