Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How quickly is EAP updating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been able to figure out the answer to this question online. Does anyone know how often EAP is updating: real-time, daily, weekly, monthly, everytime I upgrade my software version? Any information or resources would be appreciated.

I think we are at the point that even if you don't have EAP, and you have authorized Tesla to do so, it is sending data back to the neuralnet?

This is really interesting to me as with the number of Tesla's on the road now, if the system is updating real-time or even monthly, we should begin to see exponential improvements to EAP on both highway and city driving.

Anyone have any experiences on how quickly EAP has learned the roads you frequent?

Anyone have any experiences on how quickly EAP has learned the roads you frequent?

Yes, and the correct answer is not at all. i.e. there is no "learning" onboard the vehicle, rather some very sparse and selected data unknown to the user is occasionally uploaded to Tesla and presumably used for image labelling, etc, then the sum of all such processed fleet data is fed into HQ's offline number-crunching machine to "train" the next version of the AP neural net before that is released to your car in an OTA software update.

Whether this process from one point release to another results in any AP improvements on your local non-highway roads is very much a hit and miss affair, kinda two steps forward and one back or vice versa, since that is not currently the aim.

Over the long haul, however, it has produced noticeable improvements in handling on the highway, which is the only place it is thus far approved for use.

Ultimately it is best to focus on making best use of the car instead of futilely pining for faster progress on AP, which since 2016 has advanced like a snail in hob-nailed boots going through a barrel of molasses.

Updates have averaged about 1 per month over the past 6 I've had mine and hopefully progress in AP should somewhat accelerate now that v9 with all cameras activated is global. If you have FSD the upgrade to HW.v3 next summer should also push things along.