Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How reliable is the delivery window? Will the federal tax credit apply if delivery is in 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered a LR AWD in white last week. Delivery in 6-10 weeks, I hope.
It was an easy decision after driving an Audi A4 the day before (and being a loyal A4 driver for the past 20 years).

How reliable is the delivery window? Will the federal tax credit apply if delivery doesn’t happen until 2020?

@GreenT Was something I said innacurate?
Right. Really do not like people that disagree and don’t say why. Tax credit is based on when car is put into use. Ie, when you first take possession. No more, no less. They do rush things at EOQ to pump the numbers and get people to get the credit but sometimes it can’t be done.

Tesla will move Heaven and Earth to get you your new Tesla before EOY. They really put a push on to deliver as many cars as possible to make their annual financials look as good as possible to support stock prices.

It may be nerve racking, but Tesla wants to get your car to you just as much as you want to get it by EOY.

Being +3,000 miles away from the factory, and factoring in the possibility of horrible Winter weather at that time of year, of course things can possibly happen that would delay your delivery however.

Tesla has sophisticated delivery logistics to optimize deliveries, but stuff sometimes happens.

In the past, some have even flown out to Fremont, and driven their vehicle home, if getting by a set date was important enough to expedite.

@GreenT Was something I said innacurate?
Yeah just grow a set and say what you gotta say @GreenT. Frankly I don’t see where you can possibly disagree with anything @Chewy3 said. Unless of course your in the same boy as the OP and your chewing your fingernails off worrying about it and just can’t face the truth that it’s possible you won’t get the federal tax credit.

It is not an awesome username. Is what Green is thinking. Maybe. Because four letter F word is in the name.
I have been disagreed many times.
Don't take it personally. Lol
What are you the disembodied voice of @GreenT or just his mom. I guess you can’t read because there is no “four letter F word” in @watt t f. Maybe your just reading into it to deep. Maybe it’s short for watterfall.

• Funny
Reactions: SlimJim
It will not be an issue getting your car in 2019. At the beginning of each calendar quarter, Tesla typically focuses production for overseas markets (in order to deliver the car in the same quarter). On the second half of the quarter, they will shift focus to the North America market.

Well if it is any comfort they are now listing the delivery window as 3-7 weeks on new orders.

• Informative
Reactions: SlimJim
I think you can feel confident that Tesla will have an abundance of vehicles ready to be delivered prior to the end of the year. They know the tax credit expiration is a big issue for people.

And yes, I find when people vote disagree rather than saying what they disagree with to be pointless and of no value to anyone on the forum. If you disagree with something a person said, take the time to state why or mind your own business.

Reactions: vickh
I think everyone glossed over a few important things here.
The tax credit is a fixed date, you must take delivery in 2019. Already addressed ...

More importantly, you never want to take delivery where you feel pressured to take the car. You need to be prepared to walk away if there are problems that can not be easily fixed or that you are not comfortable with. Knowing that could cost you $1800, I would make sure you have a plan on how you will handle that with Tesla. Granted only paint and body damage are reasons to walk, it is still something you need to plan on.

Take a checklist with you when you take delivery and do a complete check of the car.