Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to align window panes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I had been getting a lot of wind noise and a whooshing from the top of the drivers side window.

I remember some time ago my windows froze and I was in a hurry so I sort’ve pulled the pane and gently guided it under the chrome trim to get inside the car. This was maybe a year and a half ago. Not sure if it caused the issue, but comparing the driver and passenger sides there’s a difference.

I also get this window jiggling noise occasionally if I go over a hard bump. Any ideas on how to realign the window? Is there a guide for this? I don’t think it needs to be tightened (seen a guide on increasing the pressure against the seals.

Here’s the photos:

Driver side:
E5C7EF5C-8336-4363-80F3-9B496B36679B.jpeg

Passenger side:
5C1E5ABE-3121-40DD-B0AA-BAFDD1E7A28A.jpeg

Try this:

1. Hold the up button until the window closes and then continue to hold it for 5 seconds
  2. Hold the down button until the window opens and then continue to hold it for 5 seconds
  3. Hold the up button until the window closes and then continue to hold it for 5 seconds

Upvote 0
Try this:

1. Hold the up button until the window closes and then continue to hold it for 5 seconds
  2. Hold the down button until the window opens and then continue to hold it for 5 seconds
  3. Hold the up button until the window closes and then continue to hold it for 5 seconds
I tried the re-calibration. Didn't do much. Wonder if one side slipped from the track somehow.

Upvote 0
There are a number of things you can do here. One being the full recalibration via the Service menu (not the procedure above), although I doubt it will help here.

There is/are threads where people go over the mechanical adjustments you can make to move the glass around once the door trim is removed. Its not for the faint of heart... but SCs and certified repair shops often half-a the job so you may want to attempt to adjust yourself.

PSA warning - you can damage the glass, drop it, adjust it wrong so it cracks on close OR do all you can and still have just as much or marginally less wind noise.

Reactions: kayrish and ATPMSD
Upvote 0