Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to clear warning message?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For staggered tires, does resetting the tire configuration eventually make the message go away?

From Manual:

Wheel Configuration

If you are installing new wheels or swapping them for different ones, update your vehicle's wheel configuration by touching Controls > Service > Wheel Configuration. This allows Model 3 to learn the new wheels and provide more accurate status updates on your vehicle. Select a wheel from the drop down menu that matches the new wheels you plan to install on Model 3. Selecting new wheels in the wheel configuration also changes the wheels that appear on your vehicle's avatar on the touchscreen.

Ensure you are aware if your vehicle is equipped with staggered wheels, meaning the wheels are different sizes in the front and rear. Check the front and rear tire sizes marked on the tire sidewall to see if they match or are different sizes. If the wheels are staggered, take extra precaution to ensure the new wheels you install are staggered in the same way as the previous wheels.
Per another thread, I've heard this doesn't remedy the issue. I just received this alert after swapping my rears due to low tread (which I was aware of). Notably, after the new tires were installed, I went through the tire tread uneven wear and tire tread too low right off the rip.

I'll be trying the re-configuration and resets after work, but I feel like this is basically a software issues as others have pointed out. It may be intuitive to set your software to Advanced to get the greatest and latest, but at your own risk.

Per another thread, I've heard this doesn't remedy the issue. I just received this alert after swapping my rears due to low tread (which I was aware of). Notably, after the new tires were installed, I went through the tire tread uneven wear and tire tread too low right off the rip.

I'll be trying the re-configuration and resets after work, but I feel like this is basically a software issues as others have pointed out. It may be intuitive to set your software to Advanced to get the greatest and latest, but at your own risk.
It may take a couple days for the car the learn the new configuration.

Reactions: ShiroM3
So this just occurred. I will post screenshots. The newest update allows you to choose your tire configurations once swapped. You are allowed to choose between two types All Season or Summer and Winter.

1657399782164.png

1657399802828.png

To note as well:
I have my car updates set to Advanced.

Just an update to this thread... had yet another flat and thew on one of my winter tires...apparently one of the tesla updates changed the message to only show after the car is parked... which makes sense and you don't have stare at the message the whole time you're driving.

I have it here in my post above.

Along with that matter, the error popped up 3 months later again. Had to go back to this menu and just reapply the update tires to Summer and hold the Brake Pedal to apply. Hopefully keeps the error away since my tire still has a bunch of meat on em.