Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to clear warning message?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After driven my brand new MS Refreshed for 438 miles, a warning came out. Steering Alignment Service Recommended. Simply amazing. Is the Tesla too smart or too stupid or they really delivery new cars with misalignment?

Warning feature is also terrible when it 1st appears and you are using Auto Pilot.
It is in the same color and position as the “touch wheel” warning, and when it Auto Pilot will not stay minimized.
I addressed my rear tire wear issue and it annoyingly remains.

This has been affecting me! I took it to Tesla on Monday - they cleared the warning, and it popped up again yesterday, so whatever they did, they only camouflaged the issue. I had both rear tires replaced a week ago. Tesla confirmed the tread and wear on all the tires is normal and safe. Tried the power off, soft reset, TMPS reset, wheel config reset, and it keeps coming on and off. I’ll drive for a while, it’ll turn off, only to come back on

This has been affecting me! I took it to Tesla on Monday - they cleared the warning, and it popped up again yesterday, so whatever they did, they only camouflaged the issue. I had both rear tires replaced a week ago. Tesla confirmed the tread and wear on all the tires is normal and safe. Tried the power off, soft reset, TMPS reset, wheel config reset, and it keeps coming on and off. I’ll drive for a while, it’ll turn off, only to come back on
I just replaced All tires, staggered set up. Warning doesn't go away. I'd love for some nerd at Tesla to fix this annoyance.

I've had this warning 24/7 since the update. Tires are fine, better than 6/32" still left, stock everything. Not liking that I have to explain to anyone who gets in the car (clients), that yes, the tires are actually safe, yes, I am qualified the make that judgment, and yes, my car is stupid. Embarrassing. Thanks a bunch, Tesla!

Between this, the bass-ackwards Christmas update and the significant increase in rattles over the last year or so, I'm feeling a lot like driving my car through the showroom window and leaving it there. 👎

Ok, replaced all tires and had to drive on the Freeway for 20 minutes and it went away. So it takes time. I still would rather have more control over stuff like this.
That's what happened to my wife's M3 LR. Replaced all tired with OEM. The message went away within a day. I am baffled by other posts that many continued to see the warning despite replacing tire. I wonder if Tesla set to warning to monitor OEM tires only. That will be bad if we choose to use other brand of equivalent tires.

Talk about warning messages. Yesterday while in drive, a bunch of warning messages came on. Hold feature got turned off, Lane changing warning not available, Skid avoidance feature turned on etc. I think this is a result of my Steering alignment has been off since day one on the car and I continue to drive waiting for service appointment. I have less than 800 miles on the car. But these feature changes just came on all of a sudden. I think I will hold off driving it until my appointment. Sighs.

Tomorrow its two weeks since I replaced my tires. Still have the warning 24/7. Maybe someday it will go away? Thanks Elon.

Well, it “only” took 40 days and 770 miles, but finally the warning message has disappeared.

It happened about week before the service appointment I scheduled a month ago. I had asked the CS person to report this bug (“It is really bad for an erroneous warning message to be displayed continuously for 40 days. It is distracting to the driver and causes ‘warning fatigue’ where new REAL warnings could be ignored.”).

They replied “This is a known issue and is currently being worked on by engineering.”

Well, it “only” took 40 days and 770 miles, but finally the warning message has disappeared.

It happened about week before the service appointment I scheduled a month ago. I had asked the CS person to report this bug (“It is really bad for an erroneous warning message to be displayed continuously for 40 days. It is distracting to the driver and causes ‘warning fatigue’ where new REAL warnings could be ignored.”).

They replied “This is a known issue and is currently being worked on by engineering.”
Won't it be nice if somehow, somewhere Tesla can post the "known issues" so that we don't overwhelm their SC's? We learned most of the issues from TMC. Or Tesla is taking the "what you don't know won't hurt us" attitude?

Alert prompted me to take off work to return to mechanic, who had installed new rear tires just 6 months ago. He laughed, noting that my rear tire tread was great. The alert is quite the nuisance. Any solutions?
I guess patience is the only solution until Tesla figured out how to resolve this "known issue". I think Tesla expects all tires should wear at the same rate but in fact, the rear tires wear faster. I had to replace all 4 even the front tires had good thread remaining. Otherwise, I am sure I have to put up with this stupid notice also.

For staggered tires, does resetting the tire configuration eventually make the message go away?

From Manual:

Wheel Configuration

If you are installing new wheels or swapping them for different ones, update your vehicle's wheel configuration by touching Controls > Service > Wheel Configuration. This allows Model 3 to learn the new wheels and provide more accurate status updates on your vehicle. Select a wheel from the drop down menu that matches the new wheels you plan to install on Model 3. Selecting new wheels in the wheel configuration also changes the wheels that appear on your vehicle's avatar on the touchscreen.

Ensure you are aware if your vehicle is equipped with staggered wheels, meaning the wheels are different sizes in the front and rear. Check the front and rear tire sizes marked on the tire sidewall to see if they match or are different sizes. If the wheels are staggered, take extra precaution to ensure the new wheels you install are staggered in the same way as the previous wheels.