Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to confirm Wall Connectors is connected to WiFi?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I configured my Wall Connector myself. It has a Tesla URL address. But I am not sure it is connected to my home WiFi network. (1) How do I confirm the WC is connected to my home network? (2) Should the WC show up on the Tesla app? (3) How do I confirm the WC is receiving the latest updates? Would sure be great if there were instructions about how it all works. Thank you for your help.

Sorry but I do not have a wall connector but from reading the reference resource, here's my opinions:

1) If you followed the instructions for connecting the wall connector to your home's WiFi and received a confirmation, it should be there. From a technical standpoint, the wall connector has a unique, and apparently fixed IP address. Sign onto your router and see if can find that address in a list of connected equipment.

2) I don't have a wall connector to know if it should appear in the app.

3) Seems like you can use a web browser and connect to the wall connector using its IP address (192.168.92.1). I would assume that you can find the firmware version there somewhere. If not, you can manually force an upload.

ref: Troubleshooting a Gen 3 Wall Connector

Upvote 0
I configured my Wall Connector myself. It has a Tesla URL address. But I am not sure it is connected to my home WiFi network. (1) How do I confirm the WC is connected to my home network? (2) Should the WC show up on the Tesla app? (3) How do I confirm the WC is receiving the latest updates? Would sure be great if there were instructions about how it all works. Thank you for your help.
One way is to visit the admin arena of your wireless access point and figure out the WC's address, then from some computer on your network browse to http://<address>, where <address> would usually start with 192.168.0 or 192.168.1

Don't get too excited. There's just a status page that gets displayed, and its not even live data.

Upvote 0
Once it's connected, is it possible to get back to the commissioning page and check that the latest firmware is installed, etc?

Or once it's connected to WiFi there's no point ever connecting to it again?

(I kinda wish it could at least be shown on my Tesla app, along with the solar panels and home battery.)

Upvote 0
You certainly might want to connect again for example to set up restrictions of VINs that can access the charger etc.

I believe if you press the “open charge port” button on the handle for 5 full seconds it broadcasts its wifi again. You can log in again on your phone (after disconnecting from your home wifi from your phone) using TeslaWallConnector_XXXXXX and the numeric IP address or scan code in the manual with the manual password and log back in to the wall connector.

Upvote 0