Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to Delete "Synced" Driver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 Model 3 LR. I was reading about "synced" driver profiles so I decided to try one out. It did nothing for me and I want to delete it as it is always selected whenever I get into the car, and I need to select my normal driver profile every time. I have looked all over and can not figure out how to delete this "synced" driver. All other driver prifiles show a selete button, but this "synced" profile does not.

ANy help on hopw to delete this driver profile muchly appreciated.

It is always selected whenever I get into the car, and I need to select my normal driver profile every time.
This part can be fixed by being in the profile you want your main one to be, and going into (I think) "locks" and tap on the card/phone key that you mainly use and the name of your profile should appear next to it. This is the profile that will default when that key is used. Switch to the profile you don't want, and tap again to remove that profiles name.

Im noy sure if it can be actually removed, but you can try and remove the synced profile entirely by go to the app on your phone and hit the three dots/hamburger/settings button in the top right corner. Tap your name. Select "driver profile" at the bottom, and reset it.

I know that it does nothing for you right now, but it doesn't cause any harm to keep, and comes in handy if you ever have a loaner car from the dealership or a friend or somthing. All your settings sync and your preferences and seat positions transfer over to the new car

Upvote 0