Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Driver Profiles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have had a Model 3 for nearly 3 years. Recently, we got a Model Y which required me to create a new profile before I drove off it off the lot. Now, every time I drive the Model 3 (my primary car) the profile created for Y has become the default. There must be a way to attach the original profile for the 3 to that vehicle rather than the newly created cloud profile for the Y. I am guessing this is not an uncommon problem. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Check to see what key is assigned to which profile in the 3. You can assign the old profile in the 3 to the key that you are using to get into the 3, but it would be better for you to just setup your cloud profile while in the 3 to the settings you want.

I have a cloud profile now, and I move between my model 3 and my wifes model Y and the seating position for each car is the one I want, while the media settings move between the two cars with no issues (I use spotify).

Reactions: Joesmoe3
Upvote 0
Thank you. Is there is link to the steps to implement this?
Yes, in the manual: https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/models/en_us/GUID-A2D0403E-3DAC-4695-A4E6-DC875F4DEDC3.html

Note that even when you set everything up correctly, the car might occasionally “forget” which profile to use and select the wrong one. For example, before I purchased a new S, I created a cloud profile in my wife’s Model 3 from the local profile I was using in her car (after which I deleted my local profile). I was able to successfully use that cloud profile to transfer settings to my new S, but I didn’t want to keep using the cloud profile in the S, so I created a new local profile in the S. Even though I linked the new local profile with my phone key, the S sometimes selects the cloud profile, and I have to re-link the local profile to my key.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0