Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to disable other users with app access from viewing your location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's plenty of other people that have basically already given the true answer here: if your father is providing you a means of transportation, unfortunately he gets to set the rules. Either you will have to find an alternative means of transportation, or you're stuck with being tracked.

Having said that, and I don't mean this to sound harsh, but the fact that you are seeking ways to spoof the car's location as a means to disobey your father's wishes (effectively lying to your father), even if for what you perceive are legitimate reasons, makes me actually wonder how honest you are being with US regarding your desired destinations. Maybe you are, but maybe you aren't.

Why not drive to places and take nearby public transport to your final destination?

Sucks, but sounds like a better alternative to getting beat for going to a specific 'offensive' destination.

Oh, and good luck if he decides to run Sentry and Dashcam mode.

Thank you for all the replies - I read every single one. I appreciate the concern from some of you and the dark humor from others. To those of you questioning my motives or judging my difficulties, I hope I can one day attain the kind of serenity with my life that you have, and be so far removed from the reality of my circumstances that it must seem fabricated.

Regarding the car - it seems there are no options to disable location tracking specifically without disabling the entire mobile network. My best action moving forward seems to be to ensure the title of the car is in my name and to have master control over the app.

Other options include parking farther away and walking. You guys have convinced me to invest in a bicycle.

Thanks again. Cheers