Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to download charging data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen several graphs of people's charging data. Often the graph says that it comes from ABRP data. I've also heard that Scan My Tesla can somehow provide charging data.
I've never been able to figure out how to get these data.
Can someone ELI5 for either ABRP or SMT, or another preferred method? I have both ABRP and SMT.
Cheers!

Reactions: LoudMusic
I use teslamate, which provides charging history. I suspect that online tesla analysis services like Teslafi or Teslascope also provide charging data.

I am unaware of ABRP providing charging data. ABRP can be linked to your car and get the current battery level, but ABRP is oriented around planning and executing a trip, not providing general Tesla analysis.

• Informative
Reactions: LoudMusic
Those grabs you are seeing are all from third-party apps. I use TezLab for mine, although it's not quite as robust as something like Scan My Tesla, which requires you to physically connect to the car through an adapter. TezLab gives me all that I need. I wasn't aware that you could link ABRP to the car, that must be a Premium feature.

I use TeslaFi which aggregates data from the car by calling the Tesla web APIs, and that's how TezLab and other such applications and web sites work too as far as I know. You get all sorts of stats, but only from the point that you register and start using the system because the Tesla API does not make any statistics and prior information available.

ScanMyTesla requires a physical device connected to a CAN bus in the car plus an application running on a device within bluetooth range while the car is awake. It can capture data in log files, and/or there are other such apps, but that will be very detailed information that you'll need to sift through and parse yourself. Not for everyone. I use SMT only for live information while I'm driving, like battery temperature etc...

ABRP typically does route planning, I don't think it's meant to capture statistics like that.

To be clear, I have SMT, and the CAN bus bluetooth dongle. Works fine, I just have no clue how to export the data to create charging graphs. Or to even record charging data. Or anything. Other than looking at live data.

I'll have to see if I can find the examples of charging graphs that say "data provided by ABRP" on them. Seems weird to me. I do have premium ABRP, and it does connect to my car, but again I see no way to record and export charging data.

Reactions: KevinT3141
To be clear, I have SMT, and the CAN bus bluetooth dongle. Works fine, I just have no clue how to export the data to create charging graphs. Or to even record charging data. Or anything. Other than looking at live data.

I'll have to see if I can find the examples of charging graphs that say "data provided by ABRP" on them. Seems weird to me. I do have premium ABRP, and it does connect to my car, but again I see no way to record and export charging data.
Read the manual?

It does appear that there is some rudimentary data available to be exported. Open the settings menu and click on My Drives. There's an export button. Have fun.

Reactions: KevinT3141