Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to end a trip with FSDb?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went for a drive with FSDb. I said "navigate to xxx restaurant", started out, double tapped the stalk and FSDb started. It drove to the restaurant, but I did not want to actually go to the restaurant, I was just playing with FSD. I touched the "end trip" button on the screen to finish the trip a bit early. I tapped the stalk up one time hoping to return control to me and end my FSDb session. That caused a "disengagement what happened?" prompt.

Is there a way to gracefully back out of an FSDb driving session?

I went for a drive with FSDb. I said "navigate to xxx restaurant", started out, double tapped the stalk and FSDb started. It drove to the restaurant, but I did not want to actually go to the restaurant, I was just playing with FSD. I touched the "end trip" button on the screen to finish the trip a bit early. I tapped the stalk up one time hoping to return control to me and end my FSDb session. That caused a "disengagement what happened?" prompt.

You don't need to tap the "end trip" button, you can just disengage FSD beta whenever you want.

And don't worry about the "disengagement what happened?" prompt. It does not mean you did anything wrong. It's a standard message Tesla added so that you can report if FSD beta did something bad.

I just tap the brakes to disengage FSD Beta.

Reactions: RTPEV

When you reach your destination disable FSDb first, then end the trip.

That caused a "disengagement what happened?" prompt.

That's not bad. That's exactly how you're supposed to disengage FSD (and basic AP).

Engaging the brake does same thing (some would argue you shouldn't do this because it may indicate to Tesla the car did something "wrong" and you're disengaging to slow down; take that as you see fit...)

Overriding the steering disengages autosteer and leaves TACC engaged.