Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to find out what packages if there is no build sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to buy my first Tesla and I'm finding most dealers and even some private parties don't have the packages listed. I'd like to be able to tell them exactly how to navigate on the screen to find out the following packages I'm most interested in...

- Autopilot (I've seen pictures where the sliders are off, does that mean it doesn't have Autopilot hardware or does it just mean the have autopilot turned off?)
- Smart Air Suspension
- Subzero
- Ultra Hight Fidelity Sound

Sub zero,
Go to the heat screen and see if the rear seats have heater symbols
Air suspension
Go to the first screen and look for the 1st icon on the left. It should say suspension, if it’s not there, it’s not equipped
Dual chargers
Go to the charge screen and see what the max charge current is.
High fidelity
(I’m not sure but I think this is right
Music icon, settings in the right lower corner, and then options. I believe only the high fidelity has Dolby. I’m not sure that’s right but I believe it is. I’m in the same boat. If it’s been sold as a CPO then EV-CPO can call up the specifications.

• Informative
Reactions: mswlogo
Looking to buy my first Tesla and I'm finding most dealers and even some private parties don't have the packages listed. I'd like to be able to tell them exactly how to navigate on the screen to find out the following packages I'm most interested in...

- Autopilot (I've seen pictures where the sliders are off, does that mean it doesn't have Autopilot hardware or does it just mean the have autopilot turned off?)
If it's greyed out and the sliders are showing, I believe that means its just turned off. If they aren't there at all (Autopilot & Summon Beta), then that's a definite sign that it isn't enabled at all.
- Smart Air Suspension
Look for the menu option that says "Suspension"
- Subzero

Not sure about the other 2.

Call a local Tesla Service Center, give them the VIN and they can tell you all the options.
My local SC would not tell me anything until the car showed up in my Tesla account. I had the owner call Tesla support and get a copy of the Monroney sticker and then he emailed it to me. That would work for private party. A dealer would need to have registered owner request it.

My local SC would not tell me anything until the car showed up in my Tesla account. I had the owner call Tesla support and get a copy of the Monroney sticker and then he emailed it to me. That would work for private party. A dealer would need to have registered owner request it.
Ive had my local SC pull the options on 8 different Tesla's I have been looking to buy without any issue. They will not give me the full Monroney sticker, but they will tell me all the options over the phone.

Ive had my local SC pull the options on 8 different Tesla's I have been looking to buy without any issue. They will not give me the full Monroney sticker, but they will tell me all the options over the phone.

That's a lie they are not even allowed to do that per Tesla's rules unless u get the seller's permission. Why are wasting their time you don't plan to buy. You even troll the workers at Tesla Jesus what the hell do u do all day. You clearly can't work

You are exactly right he is just lying. They won't tell, or give u anything unless the owner gives pernission or u r once u r the new owner. He has never owned a Tesla just ignore him

They probably made these rules cuz of jamesbrown calling over and over. They use too a few years ago but jamesbrown was probably just trying to find ou to come back on here and troll. Thanks jamesy for ruining it for everyone

• Funny
Reactions: ahkahn
My SC give me information on vehicles I’m looking at. 8 may be excessive. Also I have a good relationship with my SC. I wouldn’t abuse that, but would expect them to give me information on a car the seller knows nothing about. To say they won’t is a generalization, if I get to 8 cars I hope I own at least one of them.

Let me keep this a bit more real. Tesla is one of the only motor companies that will not provide the basic build sheet for a Automobile they manufacture based on the VIN #. Yes they often are not 100% accurate, but they do exist.

You should not have to call the Original Owner to see what a Automobile was built like from the factory. It has a build sheet for a reason.

It is crazy that you would have to go to a third party dealer, have them call a person that traded in a car, JUST TO FIND OUT WHAT IS IN THE CAR.

I understand there are some Tesla people out their that love to support this concept, but it truly is not how AUTOMOBILES generally are sold and registered.

Why have a build sheet at all then?

Interesting article, basically the process is to look up a VIN, if you are not sure of all options go to Dealership and give them VIN and they will give you Build Sheet and Options.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO OWN A VEHICLE.
This is a case of Tesla being special, just not special in a good way. Being a car dealership they built the car, they should be able to tell you what is in it at THEIR REPRESENTATVE LOCATIONS. They represent the Car at all times.

- Smart Air Suspension
- Subzero

A lot of this information can be had by pressing on the "additional vehicle information" link from the screen below. That will pop up the screen below that...

PXL_20230202_184555553.jpg

PXL_20230202_184602410.jpg

Finally got an answer, it is a Pay as you go. I got the answer from one service center that everyone was nice in because the other one EVERYONE was of no help and could care less if you existed.
So yea, there is that, IJS, you are right, not all are the same.