Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get rid of swirls on paint after hand wash/drying?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A good detailer can make it look new again and then you can coat it. Most of the coatings are really good and very similar. I would find a good local detailer that you like and use whatever they recommend. I am looking into this Nanohide stuff myself, that has self healing properties.
I had some body work done on part of my car, and the body shop took it on themselves to "detail" my four month old black car. They swirled the sugar out of it. It looks horrible now in the sun and with lights shining on it at night. Even the panels that they repainted have swirl marks all over them. I don't see how running a buffing machine all over it removes swirls. It only seems to make things worse. I just don't see why they would do that to brand new paint. They said they could fix it, but I don't see how. I don't think they know what they are doing. Any advice?

I had some body work done on part of my car, and the body shop took it on themselves to "detail" my four month old black car. They swirled the sugar out of it. It looks horrible now in the sun and with lights shining on it at night. Even the panels that they repainted have swirl marks all over them. I don't see how running a buffing machine all over it removes swirls. It only seems to make things worse. I just don't see why they would do that to brand new paint. They said they could fix it, but I don't see how. I don't think they know what they are doing. Any advice?

With a craftsman, a lot is possible.
Here is an example of a black TMS that had pretty gnarly damage getting the paint corrected.
Vendor - Extreme paint correction and clear bra wrap on black Tesla in Atlanta [image heavy]