Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get Service Advisor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m really frustrated as I have not been able to speak to anyone at Tesla. I call our local dealers and nobody picks up. I ordered a Model Y a few weeks back. How do I get in touch with a service advisor? I got a text from a number but they are very unresponsive. This is quite silly for a company like Tesla. I would like to speak with someone.

Reactions: Zinjan
You call the regular tesla number to ask general questions, or go to a tesla physical location to ask those questions. The normal order process has you order the vehicle, and then there is no contact until you have a vin assigned. From Teslas point of view there isnt anything to talk about for an order until they assign a vin to you.

Its different, but they dont do much talking about features, or handle one off requests (basically anything outside of the standard order process) very well.

Reactions: Woggon and jcanoe
I’m really frustrated as I have not been able to speak to anyone at Tesla. I call our local dealers and nobody picks up. I ordered a Model Y a few weeks back. How do I get in touch with a service advisor? I got a text from a number but they are very unresponsive. This is quite silly for a company like Tesla. I would like to speak with someone.
Best thing to do is wait until Tesla contacts you (the closer Tesla gets to assigning a VIN and delivering your Tesla vehicle.) You should harden your Tesla account with multi-factor authentication. Also, add a valid credit card or debit card to your Tesla account (a credit/debit card is needed for on-line purchases from the Tesla store, purchasing a Premium Connectivity subscription and for Supercharging.)

One of the things you will have to do, once a VIN is assigned, is upload proof of insurance to Tesla (the specific needed documentation, steps vary by state.)

Tesla Multi-Factor Authentication requires Google, Microsoft, Apple or the Authy authenticator. More here:

Multi-Factor Authentication | Tesla Support

You do not communicate with a Tesla Service Advisor unless you have a Tesla vehicle that is being serviced.

You will be assigned a Tesla Sales Advisor, you will mostly communicate with them via SMS text. Tesla uses a corporate SMS server for most customer communications. Be sure your cell phone number is correct/up to date. Also be sure the delivery location is correct.

Last edited: