Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to hide ODB2 port for Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my ODB2 port + adapter and unlike the model 3 from videos the Y doesn't seem to have extra space to stuff the cable in. Anyone who's installed ODB2 to their Y have ideas/recs on how to hide it? Mine is currently protruding out and barelyyy fits and I can't close the cover. The left adapter that comes out seems to be inflexible and a fixed length so that can't move.
WeChat Image_20230723112836.jpg

Your best bet is to unlatch the connector on the right side (it should be attached to the console), to give you a bit of room to push the two connectors as far apart and as flat as possible.

Even with/without unlatching the right side, you might need to move the left side down so the wires inbetween make a S shape. The wires can overlap themselves, but with the plastic connectors being so thick, you want to avoid having any wires folding under the plastic.

Or... just give up and put the cover on... it'll bulge a bit.

Your best bet is to unlatch the connector on the right side (it should be attached to the console), to give you a bit of room to push the two connectors as far apart and as flat as possible.

Even with/without unlatching the right side, you might need to move the left side down so the wires inbetween make a S shape. The wires can overlap themselves, but with the plastic connectors being so thick, you want to avoid having any wires folding under the plastic.

Or... just give up and put the cover on... it'll bulge a bit.
Yea I wasn't sure if the connector is welded/stuck on so I didn't want to push too hard. It seemed firmly attached. Any idea what it's attached via? Simple clip or glued?

Stand by - I'm about to open my mouth and show my ignorance (always much better to keep quiet and have people think you're a fool than to speak and let them know)

I didn't think Teslas had an OBD port - seeing as it's mostly used for emissions verification

• Funny
Reactions: acatwith12
Stand by - I'm about to open my mouth and show my ignorance (always much better to keep quiet and have people think you're a fool than to speak and let them know)

I didn't think Teslas had an OBD port - seeing as it's mostly used for emissions verification
Basically what dude said below, it's located behind the center console and you can basically intercept the signals to add your ODB adapter in :D
They don't... but you can add one by piggybacking on the CAN bus connection, which is what is being discussed here. It's necessary for things like ScanMyTesla, it's how the S3XY buttons work etc...