Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to improve Smart Air Suspension in future software releases

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
running errands today all around town I found that I was constantly adding new places to raise the air suspension to protect my air dam on future visits. For example, the Post Office parking lot speed bumps, the ugly exit at Chase bank, that deep drainage dip in the village intersection and that painful drive in hump at Burger King. All of these are public places and every other Tesla S driver with air has probably already adjusted their suspension to raise at these same exact places. Why can't Tesla create a master database on these public roads and automatically add these to every car? That's what the neural network was supposed to be about right? This way we all add to the database and share in that information with one another. Maybe it would take three of four different vehicles to confirm a location in order to legitimize it in the database so our cars aren't just raising and lowering for fun.... This would be a really nice feature for new owners but even more importantly, when we visit other towns the car could ask us "do you wish to use the Auto-suspension setting already established by Tesla local drivers?" Obviously, for the areas that don't get a lot of Tesla traffic (my mother in law's driveway) for example, I would still need to manually add the suspension lift. Anyone see any reason this could be programmed in?

That's a pretty good idea. Although there would have to be periodic validation to weed out old data.

Where feasible, I'd like the cars' sensors to recognize places that they should raise before they get there. Or if that isn't possible due to the slow raising time, have sensors in the shock absorbers that make that determination when the bump is hit, with the data going into a public database as you suggest .

Sounds interesting

While they're at it, add an easy, quick way to raise the suspension. Maybe activate one of the steering wheel buttons to raise to very high. I don't like stopping and taking my eyes off the road to use the screen in traffic.

Sounds interesting

While they're at it, add an easy, quick way to raise the suspension. Maybe activate one of the steering wheel buttons to raise to very high. I don't like stopping and taking my eyes off the road to use the screen in traffic.
Yes, yes, I like this too. Taking my eyes off the road to adjust the suspension is not a good idea. I know my town and I know the places I need to program in so I am able to anticipate the setting but to physically tag the location I need to take my eyes off the road. This would be a very nice feature to enable.