Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to interpret Charge Cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there:

I take a 'charge cost image' after every charge.

From March 25th to May 1st, I charged the car six times.

I am not sure how to derive the monthly cost, however.

Attached are the six images from March 25th to May 1st.

Can anyone help me to determine the total cost of the charge for the month of April?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 2023-03-25 - Charge.PNG
    2023-03-25 - Charge.PNG
    282.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 2023-04-09 - Charge.PNG
    2023-04-09 - Charge.PNG
    280.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 2023-04-15 - Charge.PNG
    2023-04-15 - Charge.PNG
    297.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 2023-04-21 - Charge.PNG
    2023-04-21 - Charge.PNG
    297.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 2023-04-23 - Charge.PNG
    2023-04-23 - Charge.PNG
    303.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 2023-05-01 -  Charge.PNG
    2023-05-01 - Charge.PNG
    302.3 KB · Views: 38
The Charge Stats is a 30 day rolling graph. It is the sum of the last 30 days in kWH and the cost based on the cost per kWH that you enter for each location; home, supercharger, work, etc.

The total kWH and cost for the last 30 days is shown at the top of the graph. You can select on each charge to see the kWH and cost for each individual charge.

Looking at your pics you can see the charges moving across the graph as it increments each day. You can see some past charges move off the graph to the left as new charges appear on the right.

I forgot to answer your question! Sorry🤷‍♀️

To get the cost for the month of April, April 1 should be on the far left of the graph and April 30 should be on the far right. The total kWH charged and total cost will be at the top of the screen.

You can only see the month of April on April 30. The next day, April 1 moves off the screen and May 1 moves on the screen.

I have not found any documentation as to whether the Stats include charging losses. If it does not, and assuming you are charging at 240V, divide the cost by 90% to account for charging loss.

BTW, here is Tesla‘s documentation on the charging stats:

I have not found any documentation as to whether the Stats include charging losses. If it does not, and assuming you are charging at 240V, divide the cost by 90% to account for charging loss.

BTW, here is Tesla‘s documentation on the charging stats:

Charging Stats does not include AC-> DC charging losses. I have a kWH meter on my charger circuit.

• Informative
Reactions: ATPMSD
I forgot to answer your question! Sorry🤷‍♀️

To get the cost for the month of April, April 1 should be on the far left of the graph and April 30 should be on the far right. The total kWH charged and total cost will be at the top of the screen.

You can only see the month of April on April 30. The next day, April 1 moves off the screen and May 1 moves on the screen.
Thank you, jdcollins5 for the detailed interpretation of the charge screen. Stay safe. Stay healthy.

Reactions: jdcollins5