Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to lease a used, inventory, or CPO Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know of a way to lease a used Model S? Does Tesla offer leasing of their inventory/CPO cars?

I've always bought my cars outright but for the Tesla it makes sense to lease for tax purposes because I can deduct the entire lease payment via my business. Ideally I'd like to lease a 1 year old Model S so I can have the lease figure based after the initial year of depreciation.

Does anyone know of a bank that leases high end used cars? I realize it is a risky situation for banks not knowing the residual value of a used car but I can cover that risk for the bank by agreeing to an insanely low residual. of let's say $20K, at the end of the lease period. This way I get the maximum benefit of a tax write-off for the lease payment + depreciation and I can just buy the car at the end of the lease period at a very advantageous cost.

All I'd need is a willing financial institution...

I am more curious how you can (only on a lease) negate the payment on taxes? please enlighten me. I mean you must ONLY be using this car for work then?

Oh, I guess I'll update this with what happened: Jen, my main contact at Xcelerate Leasing, started the process through her banks and got me payments and such. But then she mentioned that she'd been dealing with someone who does a lot of deals with her through the Chicago Store, Mike and that the 3rd Quarter deals on NEW Teslas might be THAT good compared to what she could offer me. So, she put me in contact with him, and we submitted me through Tesla leasing. Surely enough, I was able to get a Inv Demo P90DL for less than what I was going to pay for a Used 2014 P85+. That made it a no-brainer. But, that was a 3rd quarter-only thing, it seems.

Reactions: jvmoore1
Jen, my main contact at Xcelerate Leasing, started the process through her banks and got me payments and such. But then she mentioned that she'd been dealing with someone who does a lot of deals with her through the Chicago Store, Mike

Can you share any of these contacts? I reached out to them based on this thread. Being year end I am curious if there are any other great deals? Thanks!