Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how to open frunk with no power to vehicle and tow access does not have the actuator release wires.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I decided to understand what to do in a situation where the 12V battery fails...In my Model Y Tesla, I understand you can jump it if you open up the frunk and put jumper cables on it for 20 to 30 seconds.....however on closer inspection on opening the frunk with no power, I opened the tow hook port on the front bumper expecting to see two wires that allow me to actuate the frunk latch....much to my surprise, no wires. The instructions do not have an instance where there are no wires in the tow hook port.....Does anyone have any idea if there is a future update that allows the frunk to be actuated in another way?

Last edited:
On my missing wires, took it into the dealer and they disassembled the bumper and routed the wire into the proper location. So hopefully I will never have to open up the tow hook access point again. But the trunk release is now there....The key to opening the tow hook cover is pushing in exactly the right place...no strength required.

Upvote 0