Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how to program louvers (sinc) on 2012 tesla s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The errors in service mode are a known false-positive. The logic/algorithm for the louvers on our older cars changed (for the worse IMO) over time. Mine only seem to open like what you describe - for tens secs when sometimes first opening a door. I don’t supercharge much, but the last time I did, they did not open.
@Doanster1 Exactly the same with our P85. Years ago the louvers used to open most times when supercharging. In recent years they never do. Last time I asked Tesla about it, when getting failing A/C replaced, they claimed the louvers were working fine. It's reassuring to know I'm not crazy for thinking something changed for the worse.

We had a louver failure a long time ago under warranty, and we really noticed the impact + Tesla was on top of repairing it.

Of course this makes me wonder how much of "chargegate" is from the louvers not opening. Or is it the other way around - chargegated supercharging is so slow that there's never enough excess heat to need the louvers open? Probably the latter. :(

Reactions: richrootes
@Doanster1 Exactly the same with our P85. Years ago the louvers used to open most times when supercharging. In recent years they never do. Last time I asked Tesla about it, when getting failing A/C replaced, they claimed the louvers were working fine. It's reassuring to know I'm not crazy for thinking something changed for the worse.

We had a louver failure a long time ago under warranty, and we really noticed the impact + Tesla was on top of repairing it.

Of course this makes me wonder how much of "chargegate" is from the louvers not opening. Or is it the other way around - chargegated supercharging is so slow that there's never enough excess heat to need the louvers open? Probably the latter. :(
Meh, the louvres opening helps, but it’s not like the lower frunk area is sealed. Chargegate is intentional slowing of the charge curve to protect our old batteries. At least put more margin by taxing them less with lower peak rates.

Joining this threar as I am in the same shoe...

My louvers open when car auto calibrates them (certain scenarios like being off for a long time and then starting the A/C via app I can see them open/close moments later) and also if I run the louver calibration via toolbox3, but that produces error and DTCs remain.

My best guess now is that "something" is reporting false louver angle and the car thinks they are faulty. I remember some user reporting a broken "pin" that stops the louvers from moving too far - maybe that is the case for me, but I am not in a position to remove the bumper and inspect that...

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2