Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove 2022 Model S Seatback cover?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

2101Guy

Breaker of Ignore Buttons
Jan 6, 2020
USA
Got an occassional creak when my weight shifts on the seat, and Im fairly certain the creak is emanatning from within the seatback area. Anyone know for certain how to remove the refresh seatbacks? I dont want to just start yanking/tugging randomly.

And Yes, its under warranty, but for not-easily reproducible creaks like this that are more of an annoyance, I'd prefer to attempt to remedy myself at home in my own garage especially if its something simple.)

Assuing the FRONT seatback covers?

The Munro teardown videos on youtube showed they remove the same as previous models, which is to remove the headrest first and they should just fall off.
Yes and THANKS. Will go check his channel now. (i saw a video for a pre-refresh where Tsportline was showing how to add carbon fiber seatbacks, and that guy unsnapped the front seatbacks by pulling back/prying. So I wasnt sure for the refresh exactly how they came off)

Reactions: Daniel454
Got an occassional creak when my weight shifts on the seat, and Im fairly certain the creak is emanatning from within the seatback area. Anyone know for certain how to remove the refresh seatbacks? I dont want to just start yanking/tugging randomly.

And Yes, its under warranty, but for not-easily reproducible creaks like this that are more of an annoyance, I'd prefer to attempt to remedy myself at home in my own garage especially if its something simple.)
Hi! Did you ever figure out what was causing the creaking and/or the resolution to it? I'm having the exact same issue, mine creaks in the upper left shoulder area of the driver seat and happens every time I turn or shifts my weight onto/off that spot. I took it to Tesla, but they fixed the bottom of the seat instead of the seatback.

For the record, the backrest cover was impossible to take off, even a mobile tech couldn't do it and had to get the service center to look at it. Apparently, it's not just a simple removal of the headrest and the backrest cover "falling off". The cover wouldn't come off no matter how hard they pulled it.

Thanks!