Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove brown stain on white seat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have a brown irregular stain on my MY white drivers seat. I must have had something on my right thigh. Not sure what it could be. I have tried Dish soap and water, Baby Wipes, Tub O Towels, white toothpaste, 409 Spray, Denatured Alcohol, using a nylon scrub brush and microfiber towel.

Nothing seems to work, appears it is absorbed into the seat, and driving me crazy. Any ideas?

Here's a picture, any ideas?
E9CFEDF6-292F-483D-9FC3-E5FA8E2F7B92_1_105_c.jpeg
924C10DF-1731-41EA-A31E-9BE162A38B27_1_105_c.jpeg

Anybody with white interior....public service, you should put a treatment on the seats right off the bat when you get the car. Several products out there. My detailer does all sorts of stuff, including ceramic, he uses two brands, one is IGL and they have an interior treatment product you put on dash/doors and seats, steering wheels etc...it pretty much stops everything unless your kid spills Hi C fruit punch on it and you don't wipe it up immediately. But as others posted above...know your enemy, helps to know what you are dealing with before going nuts with crazy chemicals.

Upvote 0
Meguiar's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner might be worth a try. Soak the stain for a bit then GENTLY rub using microfiber. For an ever tougher stain, change microfiber with magic eraser. Do not use the attached plastic scrubber. This cleaner is meant for fabrics, not leather. What we have in our Tesla cars are faux leather (vegan). Use at your own risk.

I learned this trick from my local SC back in 2022 and it's been helpful in maintaining my MX Refresh cream interior.

Good luck!

shopping.jpeg

Upvote 0