Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove interior panel out of Falcon Door?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla genius, I have a question on how to remove the interior panel from falcon door in order to pop up the dents on the exterior of the door. I was told by the Tesla service guys that it's not easy because there are many senors on the door but it's still doable. If anyone here has done so, would you be willing to share with me the instruction? Thanks in advance.

Don't know how to remove the door panel, but if the dents are large and smooth, sometimes you can just pull them out from the outside with a plunger.

There is also a DIY dent puller that uses hot glue on a tripod puller that also might be able to smooth things out for you.

Don't know how to remove the door panel, but if the dents are large and smooth, sometimes you can just pull them out from the outside with a plunger.

There is also a DIY dent puller that uses hot glue on a tripod puller that also might be able to smooth things out for you.
Thanks Paul. It's what I originally thought about but was told (also by the same Tesla service guy) that since the door is built by aluminium, not plastic, you can't use the glue puller kits to pull it. the dent is not deep nor big though.

Usually the professional paintless dent repairers will use specialized metal rods to slip inside the cavity and work the dent out from the inside. They are not all that expensive, and relatively good at what they do. They will do this instead of removing all the inner panels.

You take off the speaker grill first. Then you can just start pulling around that area. Once you get a few clips to pop you can continue from the bottom and make your way up. Be warned there are A LOT of clips and you risk breaking them. Even if you do manage to pull it off there are still tons of stuff in the way like cable bundles, sensors, and some plastic things/boxes secured to the door before you can reach the sheet metal.

You take off the speaker grill first. Then you can just start pulling around that area. Once you get a few clips to pop you can continue from the bottom and make your way up. Be warned there are A LOT of clips and you risk breaking them. Even if you do manage to pull it off there are still tons of stuff in the way like cable bundles, sensors, and some plastic things/boxes secured to the door before you can reach the sheet metal.
It sounds very complicated to pull off things :). Do you have pictures or detailed instructions on how to do it? Really appreciated!