Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to replace cabin air filter 2016 to 2020 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing Tesla moved the filter in 2016? Or is the filter on the passenger side by the passenger wiper under the hood not the cabin air filter for a 2015 P85D? It was like super easy to replace.

If so, anyone know why Tesla moved it into the depths of the front passenger side cabin area? Or do I now need to go after that filter as well?

Nevermind, looked up some other videos and saw that big-ass filter behind the frunk tub...

Last edited:
On another video, I saw some advice on removing the first panel starting from the left and not from the right (by the door) for fear of snapping the piece in two. It looked much easier with the many clips. Any opinion on this fro those who tried ?

I had Tesla Mobile Service renew my cabin and HEPA filters on 2018 S in March only to find smell of occasional exhaust increasing. Around 60% greater airflow but persistent enough to make me suspect the cabin carbon filter part. So bought myself a Mahle LAO1613 and swapped them over, finding that service agent had incorrectly installed the earlier replacement, putting it in with the airflow marker upwards instead of downwards. Confirmed the air flow with HVAC on full fan and some paper inserted into the gap, sucked downwards. Also the listed part cost on invoice was just £7.49 for TESLA branded 107273600-B. Asked Service to resolve it after, the same part was listed as £20 - suggesting supplier troubles. Curious, but now cabin is odour free again.