Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$235 for cabin filter replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My spouse has made an upcoming appointment for a tire rotation and cabin air filter replacement. She is being quoted $235 for replacing the cabin filter. Does that seem a bit expensive? 2018 Tesla Model 3, first time replacing filter. I am too large and less than flexible at age 70 to do it myself.

I paid $72 Canadian for my two filters, when I had mine done with mobile tech. you don’t specify your model if it is HEPA.

Saw this on Amazon, $22.
Tesla Model 3 Cabin Air Filter, Tesla Model Y Cabin Air Filter HEPA Replacement Compatible with Tesla Model 3 Model Y Accessories 2016 to 2023(2 Pack) https://a.co/d/1oeRPDz
I dont think either of these posts are addressing the question the OP asked.

for @Soul Surfer , what was the cost of the entire service call when you had your filters done? Not just the filters, but the labor, tax, etc?

For @zoomer0056 the OP said they were not doing it themselves, so an amazon link to filters (which they would have to do themselves) doesnt appear to be relevant.

That seems expensive to me. It's a fairly easy job. Ditto on the $22 Amazon price for filters, but I also bought a can of the fluffy spray to clean the evaporator coils.

This also doesn't include the tire rotation, but you can get that done for fairly cheap at any local tire place.

I dont think either of these posts are addressing the question the OP asked.

for @Soul Surfer , what was the cost of the entire service call when you had your filters done? Not just the filters, but the labor, tax, etc?

For @zoomer0056 the OP said they were not doing it themselves, so an amazon link to filters (which they would have to do themselves) doesnt appear to be relevant.
Found it. Total cost with labour was $75.71 Canadian, approx. $53 USD

Attachments

• tesla_invoice5f52d0f4-5b15-4c46-84d7-5dc170b12b76.pdf
    274.8 KB · Views: 34
My spouse has made an upcoming appointment for a tire rotation and cabin air filter replacement. She is being quoted $235 for replacing the cabin filter. Does that seem a bit expensive? 2018 Tesla Model 3, first time replacing filter. I am too large and less than flexible at age 70 to do it myself.
The 2018 is the "original" design of the HVAC system/door holding the filters in and it's more annoying than later years (I'm not sure when they switched, but it was either before or at the time of the "2021" refresh). Still, $235 is way more than I'd want to pay for such a simple job. I have swapped my filters a few times on my 2021 and can do it in perhaps 15 minutes. The filters I use in my car are 3rd party from Amazon and currently cost only $30 for a set that comes with tools and instructions. Even the filters straight from Tesla are only $34 for a pair. If you want to spray in some evaporator coil cleaner while you're at it, that's extremely easy to do while you have the filters out and a can of Kool-It or Klima Cleaner costs <$20.

All that is to say that you can do this "$235" job for about $30 (or $50 if you also want to de-stink your HVAC) and 30 minutes of your own labor.

You could do it yourself and hire a more flexible friend or relative to do the one tricky bit.
30 minutes of your own labor.

I agree with these two fine folks... but my vote would be that you find 30 minutes of someone else's labor (your 20-something year old nephew, grandson, or neighbor's son or daughter).

A YouTube video and an hour later they'll have the job done. Pay them $20.

I did my own, but it does take a bit of contortionism.

This is total BS find a mechanic to put filter in. I dislike any dealership price hikes gas or ev

I called the Tesla Service center today to inquire about the seemingly excessive charge of $235 for the cabin filter. The individual answering the phone
said he would correct that and the adjusted quote would show on the app. Hasn't changed so far, stupid me I did not ask for a name. I might go in to the service center in person tomorrow to check on it again. If all else fails, I'll sick my wife on Tesla! She gets stuff done!