Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to replace the Halogen headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

First post here. I was trying to replace the halogen bulbs but I'm having difficulty getting access to the headlights. I took off the two covers near the hood and I was able to take the rubber seal off. But my hands are too big to gain access to the actual bulbs. Do I need to take the covers off next to the front wheels too? Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

Are these different than the xenon headlights? Wasn't the non-tech Model S original halogen headlights, and tech-package had xenon headlights? but didn't they make the xenon headlights standard now (no longer part of tech package?)

did you guys have the original non-tech package with halogen lights that you upgraded or are you swapping out the xenon headlights with halogen lights?

i thought I read that even though xenon headlights were originally supposed to be an "upgrade", that they were installed on every single vehicle just like the HD camera and supercharger hardware....(thus halogen lights never delivered on any vehicle?).

Are these different than the xenon headlights? Wasn't the non-tech Model S original halogen headlights, and tech-package had xenon headlights? but didn't they make the xenon headlights standard now (no longer part of tech package?)

did you guys have the original non-tech package with halogen lights that you upgraded or are you swapping out the xenon headlights with halogen lights?

i thought I read that even though xenon headlights were originally supposed to be an "upgrade", that they were installed on every single vehicle just like the HD camera and supercharger hardware....(thus halogen lights never delivered on any vehicle?).

Nope. I had an MS 60 delivered in May with halogens and SD backup camera (I think). I swapped the halogens for Xenons ($70 on Amazon). The SD looks just fine to me. Can't imagine a significant difference that would improve the experience with HD camera.

Nope. I had an MS 60 delivered in May with halogens and SD backup camera (I think). I swapped the halogens for Xenons ($70 on Amazon). The SD looks just fine to me. Can't imagine a significant difference that would improve the experience with HD camera.

When you did that did you notice if there is possible ro alls switch the high beam light from halogen to HID, and what kind of model is the halogen light
Written by smartphone T9

Question about changing headlights

Hello there from the Netherlands,

Reading your former post about changing the Halogen bulbs of your Model S: I am also the owner of a MS60 (2013) with Halogen lights. Do you think it is the same headlight housing as the OEM HID headlight version? And one other question: do you think it is possible to replace the halogen bulbs by LED bulbs?

Best Regards

Hans
Utrecht - Netherlands

[email protected]