Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to route a cable through the front firewall?

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
Is there some passthrough that can be used to route a small electric wire through the front firewall, between the cabin and the front trunk?

In general I remove the carpet and follow every electrical harness, and sometime there are some unused holes covered with a plastic cap.

If someone had been looking at the front firewall or has access to some exploded view of the car body,
I would be interested getting some information, avoiding me to dismantele the whole area under the dashboard.

Thanks!

jrweiss98020

Tessa's Tesla
Jan 9, 2020
Edmonds, WA
There is a panel below the glove box at the bottom of the panel that holds the speaker and light. That pulls off with only 4 clips holding it on. There may be a pass-through behind it...

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up

240W

Jul 19, 2018
Earth
i have to say, they did a great job in insulating and covering the cabin compared to previous ICE i had where it's very simple to find something to pass the firewall

you can pass through small cables going the passenger side under the rubber seals, but it'll need to go outside and around the firewall (open the door all the way, and you can see there'll be some space behind the fenders and go underneath the frunk cover)

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC