Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to shorten windshield wiper stock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed the Pioneer single din unit (avh3500-nex) and I love it. Apple Carplay works great. I also added a rear camera. I was worried about the wiper stalk and it is definitely in the way when the screen opens or closes. In practice I’ve found that I leave the screen out almost all the time and when I do open/close it I just nudge the stalk up and run the wipers for a sec.... not elegant bur not a big deal.

if you modify the stalk let us know!

thanks

(BTW, Fresh Designs in Ellicott City, MD did the work and they were awesome. They seem to do a lot of tinting and radar detectors.

Reactions: drewski
I installed the Pioneer single din unit (avh3500-nex) and I love it. Apple Carplay works great. I also added a rear camera. I was worried about the wiper stalk and it is definitely in the way when the screen opens or closes. In practice I’ve found that I leave the screen out almost all the time and when I do open/close it I just nudge the stalk up and run the wipers for a sec.... not elegant bur not a big deal.

thanks

(BTW, Fresh Designs in Ellicott City, MD did the work and they were awesome. They seem to do a lot of tinting and radar detectors.
I wasn't sure if it would clear at all. Thought the idea of leaving it open, but didn't know if it would close when power is turned off. Thanks for giving me the confidence to order it now. I have driven my self insane trying to find something that works. Thanks.

thanks

One other question, can you use Google maps for navigation or do you need a separate navigation add on?

One other question, can you use Google maps for navigation or do you need a separate navigation add on?
Get an Android phone and use Android Auto! ;)

Seriously though, Ive seen video comparison between AA & CP and the Apple person was using Google Maps for Orange to Orange comparison . . . and he liked it better.

I believe no pinch to zoom and a little stunted in UI vs. Android . . . at least on Car Play

Get an Android phone and use Android Auto! ;)

Seriously though, Ive seen video comparison between AA & CP and the Apple person was using Google Maps for Orange to Orange comparison . . . and he liked it better.

I believe no pinch to zoom and a little stunted in UI vs. Android . . . at least on Car Play
Got the Android Phone.............Don't believe in Apple phones way to much to just make calls!

Reactions: drewski