Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to tell a summer 2014 Vin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to get the most car for the money. LOL

P85+ 2014 AP1 which would be late year is ideal but based on 483 CPO don't see that happening in the question week left in grandfathered in.

We have a 13 P85 right now on hold for 58k but for 6500 more we get a decent amount of upgrades and Pearl vs solid.

You might be able to tell what you want to know by comparing options listed on the car with the Wiki that tells roughly when options changed. The Wiki is extremely valuable to potential CPO buyers...

Model S - Options by Year - Tesla Motors Club Wiki
Yes we used this. they say months not vins. Looked at this after we went to a 13. LOL we had a good deal on 15 85D but don't think our money will be what we thought so backed into a p85. plus I really wanted a fun car to drive

Yes we used this. they say months not vins. Looked at this after we went to a 13. LOL we had a good deal on 15 85D but don't think our money will be what we thought so backed into a p85. plus I really wanted a fun car to drive

Yes, it would require some work. You would need to compare the features listed for the car you are looking at and see when those features were released. VINs are not exactly sequential, and definitely don't match up with released features.

• Informative
Reactions: Indpowr
I think we are in the same boat. Looking to buy also and looking at 2013 and 2104 models. Would obviusley like newer, but my budget is tapped at these 2 years. Is there any significant difference that I would really miss if I went with a p85 2013 model vs a 2014 p60?