Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to tell if my Model 3 was made in the tent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is crazy. There is no real reason to believe that the GA4 cars are of subpar quality to those from inside. I’m pretty sure my P3d+ came from here, because I asked the delivery person and she said it likely did but she couldn’t be sure (she really worked in an engineering function but was helping with deliveries).

I’m happy to hear it probably was made in the tent the “old fashioned” way like EVERY OTHER mass produced car. These are some the SAME technicians doing assembly in GA4 as the people working there when it was the NUMMI plant making Tacomas.

Sure there are teething pains around manufacturing defects and quality control, but those topics have been exhausted to death through media channels and forums. Some employees got fired and were angry. That’s the only new info here.

Yeah it’s only when you get right to the bottom of the article you hear that the only named source was fired by Tesla. And fired for using their cellphone while working... So this person saying they were under so much pressure to work quickly was perfectly able to be pissing around on their phone when they should have been working the line...? Doesn’t add up to me. More likely having people like these on the line caused delays. Good riddance.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
Yeah it’s only when you get right to the bottom of the article you hear that the only named source was fired by Tesla. And fired for using their cellphone while working... So this person saying they were under so much pressure to work quickly was perfectly able to be pissing around on their phone when they should have been working the line...? Doesn’t add up to me.

Person who was publicly quoted (1 out of 6) was caught calling her sick husband, who was on medical leave at that time.
If you have a hard-on against people calling to check on their sick loved ones, you and I will never get along.

A job where you can get canned for calling your family is not really a job, more like prison, or a sweat shop.
I'm saddened to hear that's what may be going on at Tesla, to one extent or another.

More likely having people like these on the line caused delays. Good riddance.

Very classy, comrade Canuck, keep it up!

Blah Blah Blah... Unions meet shorts, marry big oil and go crazy.

You don't get paid to make phone calls all day, you get paid to work. If you can't, go on FMLA. Under CA law you get 2 15 min breaks plus 30 min lunch... you really need to call more then that? (Plus ya don't just get fired, you get warnings first) Then as sad as your situation is, and my heart goes out to her, Tesla isn't a charity.

Before I get attacked, Im a former union organizer who has spent many a days fighting for workers rights, and I am disabled. When I could not do my job, I left. I didn't expect MY problems to become my jobs problems.

Life sucks sometimes.

Person who was publicly quoted (1 out of 6) was caught calling her sick husband, who was on medical leave at that time.
If you have a hard-on against people calling to check on their sick loved ones, you and I will never get along.

A job where you can get canned for calling your family is not really a job, more like prison, or a sweat shop.
I'm saddened to hear that's what may be going on at Tesla, to one extent or another.

Very classy, comrade Canuck, keep it up!

Way to show your bigotry yankee boy.

You obviously haven’t worked in manufacturing or other jobs where safety matters (desk jockey by any chance?). Using a cellphone, no matter what the reason, is not safe or tolerated, ever, and anyone working there knows it. You leave it in your locker, you use it on breaks or you ask for a break if it’s an emergency. Heavy machinery, power tools and distraction are a recipe for disaster.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
A driver near the Fremont factory captured this during the end of the quarter. I think it was your 3

PleasedWickedAsianconstablebutterfly-size_restricted.gif

I felt compelled to pull this one forward for an encore!

Reactions: DigAdrenaline
Some info on the wheel wall, and other location of missing plugs. Per a Tesla contact the missing plugs were deemed not needed; It was considered over kill. We didn’t get deep into to it but there a number of places that they’ve this type of decision. As they go through their inventory you will see this issue less.