Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to use boombox?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t seem to get boombox to continue playing music if I get out of the car. Wanted to run music while I washed the car, it plays outside speaker fine, but when I get out of the car and shut the door it stops. What am I missing?

If you put the car in Neutral, the audio will stay running, but put it very loud to hear it from outside,
or keep one window open, however this might not be a good idea if you are washing your car...

There are few ways to keep the car in Neutral when nobody is sitting in the driver seat. A simple way that I use is as follow:

- 1. Open the front passenger door and seat in the passenger seat.

- 2. Buckle up the Driver seat belt.

- 3. With one hand press the brake pedal and at the same time with another hand push the left gear handle one click from Park to Neutral.

- 4. Release the break pedal, the car should stay in Neutral and you should be able to listen to your favorite radio program, but Netflix or Youtube will not be available.

- 5. Keep the Driver seat belt buckled, and exit from the passenger door, close the passenger door and the music should be still running.

Note: Because the car is in Neutral, be carefull because the car could roll, or put some wheel blocks if the floor is not horizontal.