Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to use NFC to open the Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just did this today. Pretty neat, I always had tasker since root/rom days on xda but havent root a phone in a long time.
You will also need auto voice as well. I did open charge port, open frunk, open trunk, auto start( ac/heat on), lock car/unlock car.

In tasker you set event , plugin autovoice recognized , config , the hard way , speak filter then set to "open frunk" then link to tesla plugin task "open frunk"

To link them, you have to go into the google assistant and set up routine .
when i say "open frunk"
the assistant will " talk to auto voice open frunk"

You can replace whatever is in " " with what you want to do. hope this helps
For some reason I dont see "the hard way" after selecting the config edit pencil. Can you please explain that step a little further.

Yep, after paying for AutoVoice it is now working! Crazy that it lets you go though all the setup but then prevents it form working! Oh well, it was only $2 so well worth the functionality! Now I will do all the others that you have done as well. Can't wait to show this off, once this whole covid-19 pandemic stuff is over!

So you need AutoVoice+Tasker app?

Tasker app is included with Play sub.

You need Tasker (this is a paid app), Tesla plugin for tasker (this is a paid app), AutoVoice (this is a free app but you have to watch an ad video or pay for it in order for it to actually work) and Google Assistant (free app) all installed on your Android phone. I have now created 8 voice commands to perform various functions on my Tesla. If you need help, let me know.

Also, look up videos from Mother Frunker on YouTube. He has put a lot of content together for Tesla automation.

Reactions: vletnguyen
For some reason I dont see "the hard way" after selecting the config edit pencil. Can you please explain that step a little further.
1. Click + button on Profiles page.
2. Select Event
3. Select Plugin.
4. Select AutoVoice>Recognized
5. Click on Pencil next to Configure, then you should see this...
upload_2020-5-2_12-45-1.png

Reactions: Eagledon