Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How was your model 3 quality when you took delivery?

Quality poll

• Mine must have been inspected by Elon himself.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • Mine appeared to have been inspected by a veteran QC tech.

Votes: 91 48.4%
  • Mine appeared to have been inspected by a drunk QC tech

Votes: 31 16.5%
  • The QC inspector of my car probably got fired

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • The QC inspector must have been absent when my car was finished

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • What QC inspection?

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • The QC inspector must be the spouse of the person I had an affair with

Votes: 12 6.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Busted analogy alert!

Fish you can't really fix, it isn't feasible. :p Cars generally can be for minor stuff.

When I picked up it was getting dark, it had rained just a little earlier, and the Service Center was actually closed. One person had stayed behind to hand over cardkey and receive the sealed paperwork package (helloooo Texas). I confirmed it had 4 wheels, 4 doors, and that the charger pack was in the trunk. I literally said, "yup, its got 4 wheels". We both knew there was no going over the vehicle to an appropriate level in the dusk quickly going dark, she said "check at home, call if you find anything".

Or I could have been a tool and wasted everyone's time coming back another day, for a car I'd already bought 2 weeks earlier (helloooooo Texas).

Lemon laws are there for a reason, and also don't cover fish AFAIK.

Mmmmmm, lemon juice covered fish.

My example is spot on... if you your fish doesn’t smell right you can reject the purchase and buy another form of protein... no different than rejecting a car purchase if the deal doesn’t smell right or the car doesn’t look right. Lemon laws aren’t designed for cosmetic flaws... they are designed for repeat mechanical problems that can’t be fixed by the manufacturer. You should have gone the “tool” route and not take delivery of a car you couldn't adequately inspect... complaining on a forum after the fact doesn’t eliminate the fact that you made a decision to not inspect... a bad one from what I’m reading from your posts.

• Disagree
Reactions: cadetsea
March '18 delivery went very smooth, efficient and pleasant. Car was spotless and clean, under bright lights. All looked great. Unfortunately, when I got home I noticed a small pimple in the rear passenger side quarter panel. Not a big deal. Tesla took care of it - paintless dent repair. Not noticeable anymore.