Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How was your model 3 quality when you took delivery?

Quality poll

• Mine must have been inspected by Elon himself.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • Mine appeared to have been inspected by a veteran QC tech.

Votes: 91 48.4%
  • Mine appeared to have been inspected by a drunk QC tech

Votes: 31 16.5%
  • The QC inspector of my car probably got fired

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • The QC inspector must have been absent when my car was finished

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • What QC inspection?

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • The QC inspector must be the spouse of the person I had an affair with

Votes: 12 6.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Zero issues then and zero issues 8 months later. My VIN was 78XXX with August 2018 build date.

To help offset all of the negative posts, I had an excellent order experience and delivery experience. Everyone I talked to in the Raleigh NC sales office were knowledgeable, enthusiastic and very nice.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
I thought my car was perfect when delivery (I was focusing on the big screen too much)
Once I got home, sat down have a deep breathe, I've noticed:

1. Rear passenger door is not aligned or flushed with rear quarter panel
2. LH A piller trim is not seated properly
3. Rear bumper scratched

- I stop look hard from there.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person
I thought my car was perfect when delivery (I was focusing on the big screen too much)
Once I got home, sat down have a deep breathe, I've noticed:
- I stop look hard from there.

I would bet everything I own/would ever own that the 11 votes stating their car was inspected by Elon/and whatever the second poll choice is (basically everyone who says their car was delivered perfect) -- stopped looking before even seeing the vehicle.

And it is those people/and people with that attitude who are to blame for all the QC issues we still see today.....thanks guys!

Despite my worries (from reading all the horror stories), my delivery day went off without a hitch. I was given all the time I wanted. The car was well detailed and ready for inspection on time. I found a few very light scratches in the clear coat on the hood and the detail guy came right out and buffed the hood. All the panel gaps were great. The paint quality was great. The alignment was great. This was my second delivery from the Pittsburgh service center and it was just as good as the first. Fingers crossed no issues come up. Only 152 miles driven so far.

With both 3s, (as with other Teslas we have purchased), the part of the delivery where you find out when the car will be ready was a big mystery until it was ready.

But aside from that, both Model 3s - cars and delivery - were perfect. A couple of months after delivery of the first Model 3, the glove box started being difficult to close. That was the only problem with the first 3, and we still have not had any problems with the second 3.

Reactions: GSP
I would bet everything I own/would ever own that the 11 votes stating their car was inspected by Elon/and whatever the second poll choice is (basically everyone who says their car was delivered perfect) -- stopped looking before even seeing the vehicle.

And it is those people/and people with that attitude who are to blame for all the QC issues we still see today.....thanks guys!

I spent an hour with a flashlight looking for paint problems and misalignment. Took the car to be detailed the next day (ceramic) and asked them to look it over with a find tooth comb.

We found some tape that should have been removed but wasn’t, the frunk needed a 30 second adjustment to have it seat properly. That’s it.

So, not sure what you own, but it’s now mine.

Eight months and 12K miles later the car has been near perfect. My biggest gripe is the standard tires aren’t as grippy as a car of this caliber deserves.

And, as a basis, I’m a life member of BMW CCA, a long time 3-series owner, and have spent many a lap on the track.

It's a car made by imperfect humans, so let's keep things in perspective. It was in excellent shape but not perfect. There were a few dust specks in the paint and one scratched trim panel on the driver's door. The trim panel was replaced and I did ZERO about the paint. I continue to be amazed by how the car drives...perhaps the finest all around automobile ever made (P3D)? Folks that choose to focus on the "little stuff" are wasting a lot of energy and tainting the joy that these cars can bring...IMHO, of course.

You go get 'em tiger! Look for EVERY imperfection on your car...know each one intimately and in graphic detail. Loose sleep over it. Obsess about it. And your point is?

Teslas are made by humans. Humans are imperfect. Teslas are imperfect (and so has every other car I have owned including Ferrari's, BMW's, Audi's...). That said, my P3D drives like no other car that has come before it at this price point (or any price point for that matter). I can live with a few dust specs in my paint...

You go get 'em tiger! Look for EVERY imperfection on your car...know each one intimately and in graphic detail. Loose sleep over it. Obsess about it. And your point is?

Teslas are made by humans. Humans are imperfect. Teslas are imperfect (and so has every other car I have owned including Ferrari's, BMW's, Audi's...). That said, my P3D drives like no other car that has come before it at this price point (or any price point for that matter). I can live with a few dust specs in my paint...

I have zero issues with my car.

Are there things that aren’t perfect? I’m sure.

Are they bugging me? Nope.

I’m happy. And at the end of the day, that’s ALL that matters.