Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How worried about vandalism are you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also from Edmonton. Generally I don't drive Downtown but the last I did Sentry caught a guy who keyed an entire block (mine included).

I had zero expectations on getting the vandal to pay for it, however with the Sentry video the police were able to find the guy and charge him. He was apparently responsible for tens of thousands of dollars in damages.

Sigh.

Reactions: Lon12 and jeremymc7
In Edmonton proper, maybe not so bad.

In the rural areas surrounding Edmonton? Sentry and dashcam on, all the time. In 1.5yrs I've had quite a few incidents, from people swerving at me to spinning their rear wheels at stoplights to kick rocks into my windshield. Also had a hit and run that I believe was intentional (rubbed his oversized mud tire against my bumper, compressing and damaging the bumper). There's alot of Tesla hate in oil country.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Correct - but my deductible is $5000. I have a perfectly ticket and claim free history, yet it would seem no companies will insure a car over $100K without such a high deductible, or much higher premiums to bring the deductible down.

I was hoping to nail the individual so their insurance would have to cover it. Unfortunately that didn't work out.
I went with CAA insurance after my existing carrier jacked up the rate by >33% despite a 0 claims record. CAA was way cheaper than my previous rate.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Maybe it's an Alberta thing. I went through a broker; they couldn't find anyone who wouldn't require either a ridiculous deductible or high rates to compensate for a lower deductible.
Ya, my broker was FoS (Full of S^%t" also until I told them that I was going with CAA. That's when the agent lit up and told me that they repaid CAA also. In other words, less commission. I go through an annual review with other companies to do a proper CBA (Cost Benefit Analysis).

Reactions: sandman1330
In Edmonton proper, maybe not so bad.

In the rural areas surrounding Edmonton? Sentry and dashcam on, all the time. In 1.5yrs I've had quite a few incidents, from people swerving at me to spinning their rear wheels at stoplights to kick rocks into my windshield. Also had a hit and run that I believe was intentional (rubbed his oversized mud tire against my bumper, compressing and damaging the bumper). There's alot of Tesla hate in oil country.
I always just took it for granted that the average Albertan is an idiot in any car at any time, long before buying a Tesla, but that is definitely extra crappy behaviour. This place never ceases to amaze me.

• Funny
Reactions: sandman1330
In the Greater Vancouver Area, definitely a lot of hate for Teslas and incidents where they get keyed for no reason. Never had anyone key my car thankfully, but have had a lot of older guys stop to give me an earful about how my Tesla is damaging the environment and how I should drive a 'real car'. Usually ecoboost Mustang owners.

• Funny
Reactions: jeremymc7
have had a lot of older guys stop to give me an earful about how my Tesla is damaging the environment and how I should drive a 'real car'. Usually ecoboost Mustang owners.
"A lot"?? How bizarre, I can't imagine anyone ever stopping to give me grief about my car. Maybe people in Ottawa are just a whole lot more chill and polite or I don't look the kind of guy to mess with? The only interactions I've had with any random strangers about my Teslas has been curious people asking questions, especially at the latest Supercharger they opened at a gas station right in cottage country - a guy with a giant F-250 pulling a huge trailer full of muddy toys popped over to ask me me a bunch of questions a few weeks back - all friendly stuff and we concluded EVs probably aren't there yet for his needs. :)

Maybe move?

"A lot"?? How bizarre, I can't imagine anyone ever stopping to give me grief about my car. Maybe people in Ottawa are just a whole lot more chill and polite or I don't look the kind of guy to mess with? The only interactions I've had with any random strangers about my Teslas has been curious people asking questions, especially at the latest Supercharger they opened at a gas station right in cottage country - a guy with a giant F-250 pulling a huge trailer full of muddy toys popped over to ask me me a bunch of questions a few weeks back - all friendly stuff and we concluded EVs probably aren't there yet for his needs. :)

Maybe move?
Vancouver's not known to be the friendliest place 😂 When I was supercharging away from the city, along my way to camp, I also had an older guy in a pick up truck ask questions about charge time, cost, etcetc. He was very friendly as well. In the city though, more hate than love that's for sure.