Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how would your price the following Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lower than you want to hear if you own it. The CPO Blue S60 that sold in December had similar specs at 59k miles and CPO warranty and went for $35k. Based on that the price for this car is high $20s but I don't see that as realistic as you'll benefit from lower budget buyers waiting for a 'deal' that will probably jump on this car if the price starts with a 3.

Maybe an e-bay no reserve auction starting at $30k with an emphasis that the buyer still has 45K left in power-train warranty and include service records if they are favorable?

Was about to say 40k first, too, but I agree with all those miles and no warranty it still seems really hight compared to CPOs. You could get a CPO for $50k drive it 50000miles under warranty and then basically end up with the car you posted.

I would pass. Quality has risen significantly in all areas. And it's getting long in the tooth re warranty and general repairs required. If you are looking for a low cost buy, it could be attractive. But be aware of how much time it will take for you to send it into the shop for this, that and the other thing. The newer cars have a markedly lower level of misc. crap that needs to be repaired. My opinion is to buy nothing prior to mid CY 2014.

I would pass. Quality has risen significantly in all areas. And it's getting long in the tooth re warranty and general repairs required. If you are looking for a low cost buy, it could be attractive. But be aware of how much time it will take for you to send it into the shop for this, that and the other thing. The newer cars have a markedly lower level of misc. crap that needs to be repaired. My opinion is to buy nothing prior to mid CY 2014.

Is it possible your opinion is colored by the fear of the unknown (since you have a 2014) and only seeing posts from people who had issues (nobody post "my car drove just fine today")? Personally, my 2013 Model S worked like a charm for 2 years, less issues than the 2015 I have now (all minor, but still more SC visits than the older one had, 2013 had almost none btw).

IMHO this car would sell between $30K-$35K assuming no body damage, tires/brakes don't need replacing, and everything works on it. With CPO warranty it would probably got for $40K-$42K. Just a shot in the dark based on what I've seen in the last couple of years.