Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Howto: keep music on inside while removing snow ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I and kids get to the preheated car, I fasten them in the rear seats, start to remove snow from the car.
Then music stops until I open the door again.
Sometimes its even good to lock just to make the door handles retract, instead of catch more snow. (in case of slushy/wet snow.)

So I wish there were a way of keeping the music on for a few minutes.
(and I doubt there is)
- having a window/door open is a no-no , remember its likely cold/snowing outside, or I dont want to brush snow off, and into the car.

It would be cool to have an option for a delay of x minutes before music shutdown while other seats are populated/safety belts on.

I may be mistaken but will enabling camper mode temporarily assist with this?

I also notice since version 8.1 (2017.40.1_e29b97f) there is an option to "Keep Climate On" while your car is in park which essentially achieve the same as if the car was in Neutral with 17" display brake.

However, that would consume more energy for climate than just having the stereo on by itself.

Update: Just went to my car and tested out "Keep Climate On" which works real good for climate but everything else shuts down, both instrument cluster and 17" display went dark, stereo is also shut down when exiting car and shut the doors close.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ande