Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC Load sharing installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently on dedicated 80 amp line; one that now feeds my Gen 2 Tesla HPWC. I would like to find a qualified licensed electrician that is knowledgeable on connecting another Gen 2 HPWC to load share for an additional HPWC charger. I’m in the Murrieta Temecula Area.

I'm currently on dedicated 80 amp line; one that now feeds my Gen 2 Tesla HPWC. I would like to find a qualified licensed electrician that is knowledgeable on connecting another Gen 2 HPWC to load share for an additional HPWC charger. I’m in the Murrieta Temecula Area.
I think you should spend your time looking for another Gen 2 HPWC first. They're not easy to find.

They hit the classifieds pretty frequently. Local Craigslist is also useful sometimes. I picked one up for $400 BNIB a few years ago, Elon signature and everything. There are many thousands of these out there - even a used one should be easy to locate, worst case scenario.

Though with the Gen3 getting a price drop to $350 now, it might be wise to just buy two of those and set up load sharing via Wi-Fi. You won't get 80A, but it's unlikely you have two cars that are capable of doing 80A anyways. You'll get good money for the 80A if you sell it second-hand.

It was difficult to find a qualified Electrician to install my second Gen 2 HPWC wall connector to share load. I ultimately just relocated one of my 24 ft. Gen 2 to the center of the garage so I can use it to charge our 2 cars. Load sharing is going to be commonplace as people add another Tesla. Electricians that are knowledgeable will be in demand.
9ABCC29F-CB2F-462A-A79E-4FA407AABF11.jpeg

Reactions: fiehlsport