Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Huge update, V11...thoughts? and any hidden features found yet??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Snap, although I would argue it's worse if you have a similar driving position. At least I know when it's selected my wife's profile, and I am practised at the rapid profile change.
But my daughter and I have a similar driving position, but totally different configs - regen, auto lights, cruise control, chill mode, etc. Unless you check before setting off, you don't know which profile is selected, and this could lead to problems, especially if it does/doesnt slow down as quickly as expected when you lift off!
Tesla need to bring the profile display back.
Same problem here. I now have to manually check the ff before driving (would not want to have to fumble sith u familiar menu that blocks the whole screen while I am driving):
1) profile
2) teslacam (is it recording)
3) LTE connection/status

Normally, I can also see it got it wrong. Now, I have to manually check the ff each time get into the car:
1) profile
2) teslacam status — recording or not (because let’s face it, it aint perfect)
3) LTE status/connection

Sorry if it’s being answered but now do I see that red dot that indicates it’s recording

Also how do I save dash cam footage . It used to say “downloading” . Still does that ?

Just give me the FM Radio back and give me the blind spot camera on my pre-refresh MS and I'll be happy.
Went to a Christmas light show where the lights dance to the music on your radio station. Well you know the rest...no fm radio...ugh. First world problems.

I wish someone will forward all the comments to Elon Musk.
I have only had the new version for one day and find it that with this new update, the car became much less safe to drive:
- To turn on the heated seat we now must turn on the climate control, blowers, etc. Thus, if I only want the seat heated, I must now swipe up to turn off the climate control. Way too much distraction from watching the road.
- Same applies to the defroster and defogger buttons.
- The current trip details were previously displayed on a sliding card and I tried to keep my eye on the power consumption. Now, the real estate previously occupied by the sliding cards is empty and the trip details are two levels down, occupy the entire map area and are far to the right, making it inconvenient and unsafe to monitor. Cannot see it and the map at the same time.
- The dashcam button that used to sit on the top of the screen operated logically: once pressed, it showed a clip being saved. Now, I cannot tell if a clip is being saved or not. Only after parking the car I can go and look at what has been saved. Illogical and unsafe.

Please, please return all these buttons to their previous locations.

I just wonder how many other "enhancements" will I discover in the days ahead?

My Model 3 used to be a pleasure to drive, now it is full of frustrating and hazardous distractions.
This will impact Tesla's reputation as I, for one, cannot in good conscience sing its praises any longer.