Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Humorous Pic of the Day thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
As my first post after quite a long time off - mostly because I've been away from the world of the internet and interconnectivity and inter-just-about-everything - here is an absolutely unretouched photo I just snapped:

To be titled, perhaps,

GeeX vs JoX:

IMG_4423.JPG

That is a great catch. I am amazed anyone would have one up there. I did have a customer who was telling me her family has two and I asked how they charge them. She said EVERYONE in Alaska has a place to plug in a welder so they just plug in there. Wow, who knew?

I would love to visit Alaska by ferry, cannot imagine I will be able to take the Tesla though. Doubt I can just plug in at the hotel each night like I do in the lower 48.

-Randy

That is a great catch. I am amazed anyone would have one up there. I did have a customer who was telling me her family has two and I asked how they charge them. She said EVERYONE in Alaska has a place to plug in a welder so they just plug in there. Wow, who knew?

I would love to visit Alaska by ferry, cannot imagine I will be able to take the Tesla though. Doubt I can just plug in at the hotel each night like I do in the lower 48.

-Randy

I’m nearly positive the Model X is @AudubonB ‘s ride. And I also believe he has houses in both AK and AZ. :)

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

-Randy

People have done it. (Maybe just 2 people in 1 car once.)

Assuming a 3 LR RWD, summer weather and careful driving, then just using Superchargers and sites listed on PlugShare:
- Superchargers get you to Kamloops, BC
- J1772 and NEMA 14-50 get you to Smithers, BC
- then a long, slow charge at Bell 2 Lodge, Bell II, BC bridges the gap to Nugget City, Watson Lake, YT.
- then J1772 and NEMA 14-50 can get you all the way to Fairbanks, AK.

Obviously, we'd all love a more-financially-comfortable Tesla to take more steps to and from Alaska, just because.

For a fan of quiet and black spruce, I think it'd be a nice drive.

My RV is finally getting banged up enough (and has been thru enough windshields) that I might take that to Alaska. May have to meet my wife at the airport there, I don't think she can take the 5-day drive each way. Even if I wait until we move from SF to Olympia it only shaves a little more than a day off the drive. Cannot imagine it will be too fun adding all that time it would take to charge the car along the way.

-Randy